IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New They say it always comes in threes
First we found out that John's 86 year old Grandfather is in the hospital with pneumonia. On top of that, Human Services said he can't go home and live alone anymore.

Then my parakeet started having blood drops all over, and I find he has a small scab he's been bugging, so I'm having to monitor him more closely after the vet visit.

Then John came home and he kept getting sick from 6:30 until 10:00. Apparently it's this intestinal flu everyone keeps talking about, unless it was food poisoning (God, I hope not). So he's finally slightly stable and we're headed to the doctor today.

I'm exhausted, drained, and stressed from all of this and this time I could use your prayers. Thanks all.

Brenda

"The people of the world having once been deceived, suspect deceit in truth itself." -- Hitopadesa 600?-1100? AD, Sanskrit Fable From Panchatantr
New Hang in there
The stomach flu went through our house. Very unpleasant!
"I think animal testing is a terrible idea; they get all nervous and give the wrong answers."
New Went through in more ways than one, I wot.

Peter
[link|http://www.ubuntulinux.org|Ubuntu Linux]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Home]
Use P2P for legitimate purposes!
New you'd wot right.
The doctor ruled out first appendicitis and then food poisoning, based on the time frame of eating and first symptoms, and said it was the intestinal flu virus that was hitting people hard. She also checked him for dehydration, but he had done well by drinking water as much as he could when able. The weird part was she said most people were hit hard at the onset, and then almost fully functional again in about 24 hours, other than their tummy being sensitive.

And she was right, he finally started feeling better about 24 hours from when it started, which still amazes me, but he's insisting on going to work tomorrow so guess we'll see how that goes. He was already going to be off on Friday to take me to the dentist, but he wouldn't let me cancel that either, so I guess we take it a day at a time.

At least he's willing to take a lunch tomorrow, of nice bland saltines and jello. They say your tummy is pretty shaky for a few days afterwards.

I feel intensely sorry for anyone who has gone through this virus or who might go through it, and I'm crossing my fingers that I won't get it. It's truly wicked and miserable. The doctor said I was really lucky in the fact that we have separate bathrooms, which really makes it less likely I'd catch it from the most hit place, plus the fact that I've washed my hands so many times with bacterial soap in the last 24 hours they feel like sandpaper.

At any rate, I appreciate any and all support and plan to do everything in my power to get a solid good night's sleep tonight.

Brenda
Nightowl >8#

"The people of the world having once been deceived, suspect deceit in truth itself." -- Hitopadesa 600?-1100? AD, Sanskrit Fable From Panchatantr
New "Solid good night's sleep"
Solid in more than one sense, I wot.

:-D

Peter
[link|http://www.ubuntulinux.org|Ubuntu Linux]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Home]
Use P2P for legitimate purposes!
New Re: "Solid good night's sleep"
Solid in more than one sense, I wot.

You're funny, Peter. Thanks for the laugh.

BTW I got a good night's sleep and feel a lot better.

Brenda

New I also just had stomach flu this week
I woke up in the morning with some not so bad stomach pains, by the time I got to work it was worse and soon I was throwing up. I left soon after that and had to throw up again on the drive home. By the next day I was feeling much better and went to work a day later.
New Sorry to hear that
Does anyone know the incubation time, i.e. how long before the exposed person knows if they'll get it next?

Thanks

Brenda

New Three down....
At least your three are done. You're not waiting for the next shoe to drop.

Incubation on the flu is about 7-10 days.

New Hmmm
I finally had time to search on the net and it appears that this isn't a real flu, it's called viral gastrointeritis. Several sites claim you know if you are infected after about 3 days after being in contact with the infected person.

Is that about right, Bionerd? Was your family getting it about three days apart?

Brenda

New We got it one right after the other
Maybe a day apart. A very taxing situation in a house with one bathroom!
Kids are fine now. Mine transformed into an upper respiratory infections so now I'm hacking away. Is it spring yet?
"I think animal testing is a terrible idea; they get all nervous and give the wrong answers."
New Thanks for the answer
I'm pretty much going to assume that I'm not going to get it by now. It's been almost a week, and I haven't shown any signs of getting this.

Course, I never say never, so I'm not guaranteeing this, but it appears that I missed this bullet. ;)

Brenda

They say it always comes in threes - (Nightowl) - (11)
         Hang in there - (bionerd) - (6)
             Went through in more ways than one, I wot. -NT - (pwhysall) - (3)
                 you'd wot right. - (Nightowl) - (2)
                     "Solid good night's sleep" - (pwhysall) - (1)
                         Re: "Solid good night's sleep" - (Nightowl)
             I also just had stomach flu this week - (bluke) - (1)
                 Sorry to hear that - (Nightowl)
         Three down.... - (gdaustin) - (3)
             Hmmm - (Nightowl) - (2)
                 We got it one right after the other - (bionerd) - (1)
                     Thanks for the answer - (Nightowl)

That sounds like a venereal disease.
72 ms