IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Digital photography - where to get started?
Well...my first knee-jerk reaction was to post a title that says..."take a freakin picture".

But...

First, read the camera manual. Then read some of the stuff posted here. You need to know how shutter and other settings effect depth of field...backlight and how to compensate..etc. Chances are there are some settings on the camera that once you know about will be very handy.

I've just picked up [link|http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=ModelDetailAct&fcategoryid=145&modelid=10462|this] at the local shop to replace [link|http://www.kodak.com/global/en/service/products/ekn006544.jhtml?pq-path=698|this old POS].

Much much much better.

I also traded a 12 string danelectro electric for a 70's 12 string (US made in MI) Epiphone acoustic. I took a bit of a hit on value...but it saves me the eBay trouble and the guy at the shop is a good guy. If he gets lucky and moves it quick..cool by me. I wasn't doing anything with the one I traded except watch the case collect dust.

It was a good weekend for me and toys.
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Re: Digital photography - where to get started?
Well...my first knee-jerk reaction was to post a title that says..."take a freakin picture".

That was my reaction as well. That's basically all I ever do; Point & Shoot.

Those pictures I gave you from last year came out ok, didn't they?
     Digital photography - where to get started? - (pwhysall) - (33)
         Heh - when you find it, be sure to let me know. - (CRConrad) - (3)
             Re: Heh - when you find it, be sure to let me know. - (pwhysall) - (2)
                 One of my final candidates too. So, when did you get yours? -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                     In Dublin, circa 8 Jan 2005. -NT - (pwhysall)
         Let me see, what's its name: PHOTOGRAPHY - (folkert) - (19)
             Does it have the same silly-retro styling, too?(jus'wondrin) -NT - (CRConrad) - (4)
                 Please Re-Iterate in more 'Murican Slang please. -NT - (folkert) - (3)
                     That "exterior accented by leather-grained rubber panels"... - (CRConrad) - (2)
                         Dunno - (folkert) - (1)
                             Ah, yes, of course. Sorry, forgot about those. -NT - (CRConrad)
             "even my wife"? - (broomberg) - (3)
                 And Greg, what'll ya pay for us NOT to show her this thread? -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                     She can read it for all I care. -NT - (folkert)
                 She was a... - (folkert)
             OBviously you've got one of THOSE. - (pwhysall) - (2)
                 What does that have to do with the price of Canola Oil? -NT - (folkert) - (1)
                     Which is a very important commodity to keep track of... -NT - (CRConrad)
             I agree - (Steven A S)
             Well, yeah . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (5)
                 I assume you meant "if you *still* have to study it" - (drewk) - (1)
                     No - it was sarcasm referring to . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                 Believe it or not - (Steven A S) - (2)
                     The Pentax I bought allows ISO settings too. - (folkert) - (1)
                         Heh, me too. - (pwhysall)
         Dunno for sure. - (Another Scott) - (1)
             Nice to see someone's still sane around here. Thanks, Scott! -NT - (CRConrad)
         jus 'cause its digital doesnt mean that physics doesnt apply - (daemon) - (2)
             Who the F ever said it did? -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                 What F stop was that again? -NT - (jbrabeck)
         I presume you read it's manual? - (static)
         couple of suggestions - (cforde)
         Re: Digital photography - where to get started? - (bepatient) - (1)
             Re: Digital photography - where to get started? - (n3jja)

As you wish.
52 ms