IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New For directory locations
may be you could use cygwin links to nake things more familiar to them. I had cygwin's /home/Arkadiy point at My Documents before.
--

And what are we doing when the two most powerful nations on earth -- America and Israel -- stomp on the elementary rights of human beings?

-- letter to the editor from W. Ostermeier, Liechtenstein

New True... but the app is running on...
A Linux machine. The icon starts cygwin with xfree and then executes an ssh execte on the other end to display the app on the Windows Desktop.

I keep having to explain to them... the idea behind Linux and Filesystems.

One of these days, the Flush-n-Forget will see the light as soon as he can't figure out howto do it in Word.

The Glassy-Eyed one, will just have to sit in front of it for days at a time to "get it"

In any case, I have considered letting the app run on Windows2K/2K3/XP/XP-MCE/XP-SP2(which it can). My only problem with it is that I can't control things as much.
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey

[link|http://it.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=134485&cid=11233230|"Microsoft Security" is an even better oxymoron than "Military Intelligence"]
No matter how much Microsoft supporters whine about how Linux and other operating systems have just as many bugs as their operating systems do, the bottom line is that the serious, gut-wrenching problems happen on Windows, not on Linux, not on Mac OS. -- [link|http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1622086,00.asp|source]
New Can they access raw files on the Unix machine?
Can they double-click a file in Windows to show a document? Do scare black rectangular windows show up? YOu have to think as (l)user there. Just like you feel hamstrung in less-than-capable shell, they feel hamstrung w/o double click, drag-and-drop, point-and-drool.
--

And what are we doing when the two most powerful nations on earth -- America and Israel -- stomp on the elementary rights of human beings?

-- letter to the editor from W. Ostermeier, Liechtenstein

So I have to re-order a list for 3-up printing. - (folkert) - (21)
         Perl or Python script. -NT - (admin) - (3)
             UHHHHH My thought too. - (folkert) - (2)
                 Re: UHHHHH My thought too. - (admin) - (1)
                     Danke. Wow. - (folkert)
         What am I missing? - (jbrabeck) - (2)
             Oops, wrong answer... Disregard above. -NT - (jbrabeck) - (1)
                 See my other thanks... - (folkert)
         If you are nice I'll send this to you - (broomberg) - (13)
             Thanks anyway. - (folkert) - (12)
                 I'm in the reverse mode - (broomberg) - (9)
                     I still think that it is neater... - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                         hahahahahahahahahahah - (broomberg) - (1)
                             I didn't say feasible :-P -NT - (ben_tilly)
                     Agreed. - (folkert) - (5)
                         Sounds like a wonderful app. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                             It works and *IMNSHO* easy to use... - (folkert)
                         For directory locations - (Arkadiy) - (2)
                             True... but the app is running on... - (folkert) - (1)
                                 Can they access raw files on the Unix machine? - (Arkadiy)
                 Lemme guess, do they have trouble... - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                     Not really. - (folkert)

Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
67 ms