IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New whoopsi, Norther Europe's pre-history needs rewriting
[link|http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=42940|http://www.worldnetd...?ARTICLE_ID=42940]
Another dating error was identified for a skull found near Paderborn, Germany, that Protsch dated at 27,400 years old. It was believed to be the oldest human remain found in the region until the Oxford investigations indicated it belonged to an elderly man who died in 1750.

regards,
daemon

may you go in beauty
New That's disappointing
I'm surprised that the fraud lasted this long.

In the long run science is self-correcting. But that long run seems to be longer than I would like.

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New They've got the same problem in Israel.
The museums are full of excellent forgeries sold to rich collectors and then donated to museums for the tax write-off. Just about everything with an inscription, and most particularly any inscription that in any way has biblical connotations is now suspect.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Umm perilously close to..
The Market Will Correct, that is..

;-j
New But the market DOES correct
It just doesn't always correct what we wish it would correct, or as fast...

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New Damn that pesky Carbon 14!
"I think animal testing is a terrible idea; they get all nervous and give the wrong answers."
     whoopsi, Norther Europe's pre-history needs rewriting - (daemon) - (5)
         That's disappointing - (ben_tilly) - (3)
             They've got the same problem in Israel. - (Andrew Grygus)
             Umm perilously close to.. - (Ashton) - (1)
                 But the market DOES correct - (ben_tilly)
         Damn that pesky Carbon 14! -NT - (bionerd)

Remember, people in 1900 didn't know what an atom was. They didn't know its structure.

They also didn't know what a radio was, or an airport, or a movie, or a television, or a computer, or a cell phone, or a jet, an antibiotic, a rocket, a satellite, an MRI, ICU, IUD, IBM, IRA, ERA, EEG, EPA, IRS, DOD, PCP, HTML, internet. interferon, instant replay, remote sensing, remote control, speed dialing, gene therapy, gene splicing, genes, spot welding, heat-seeking, bipolar, prozac, leotards, lap dancing, email, tape recorder, CDs, airbags, plastic explosive, plastic, robots, cars, liposuction, transduction, superconduction, dish antennas, step aerobics, smoothies, twelve-step, ultrasound, nylon, rayon, teflon, fiber optics, carpal tunnel, laser surgery, laparoscopy, corneal transplant, kidney transplant, AIDS... None of this would have meant anything to a person in the year 1900. They wouldn't know what you are talking about.
60 ms