IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New My guess, is this application...
Has a feature of letting other Skype users know it is available. To those that are looking for random discussion... I'd guess this is what the "all around the world thing is going on"

One other thing, I'll bet if you check you firewall it says Tons-O-machines are trying to verify that, or trying to update his client... If he has "please update me on who is available".

Of course, this is just a guess, but I have dabbled quite a bit in H.323 and it is very chatty keeping up its end of the "connection".

One other thing, you might wanna look and see if "keep alive" or some sort is checked on... that'd do it too.
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey

[link|http://it.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=134485&cid=11233230|"Microsoft Security" is an even better oxymoron than "Miltary Intelligence"]
No matter how much Microsoft supporters whine about how Linux and other operating systems have just as many bugs as their operating systems do, the bottom line is that the serious, gut-wrenching problems happen on Windows, not on Linux, not on Mac OS. -- [link|http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1622086,00.asp|source]
New One way only, but I think I know where it came from
The hospital is in the final stages of becoming a separate entity. Until recently we were part of the social welfare dept. and we shared a connection to the internet. The connection was split almost overnight. While our own firewall was already in place, the www cache was not. As some MDs needed access for information, their PCs were configured to go straight to the firewall (ports 80 and 443). The Skype PC was one of those.

According to Skype's firewall FAQ, they use 80 and 443 to sneak out calls if everything else is blocked. That explains how the machine would have been able to pick up knowledge of external Skype installations. The PC was recently reconfigured to go through the www cache, so I guess what we're seeing now is Skype going bonkers because it can't dial out anymore.
     Skype - (SpiceWare) - (18)
         I've been hearing a lot about it - (Steven A S) - (3)
             Not 10 euro/month - (tjsinclair) - (2)
                 my error - (Steven A S) - (1)
                     180 days - (SpiceWare)
         Why not just use iChat AV? - (tuberculosis) - (7)
             Does that run on Windows and Linux? -NT - (admin) - (4)
                 No and no. - (pwhysall) - (3)
                     There's his answer then. -NT - (admin) - (2)
                         I figured he was a mac guy - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                             Only recently - (SpiceWare)
             couple reasons - (SpiceWare)
             A couple reasons - (tjsinclair)
         MeToo!(tm) It's grand. -NT - (Meerkat)
         Bluetooth is sweeeet! - (SpiceWare)
         While this is here - anyone run netstat against it? - (scoenye) - (3)
             My guess, is this application... - (folkert) - (1)
                 One way only, but I think I know where it came from - (scoenye)
             peer-to-peer - (SpiceWare)

Oh, for the love of cheese.
46 ms