IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Possible UK POAD for The Beast? and_____ ? Opportunity
Firstly, I don't doubt that MS UK and The Gubmint will "work something out".

Don't be expecting Linux or friends on half a million government computers any time soon.

That said, it's a good sign that Very Large Organisations are starting to look at their MS licencing and going, "oh fuck no WAY!", even if they only use it as a stick to beat MS down to a more reasonable price. Two years ago, any organisation like this would have just handed over the cash.

I predict that the first large-scale actual dumping of MS on the desktop will be France or Germany - the latter in particular has stringent rules about using home-grown stuff for government consumption, from paper-clips to cars, and so computers would be a very logical target, especially with SuSE's existence.

And don't forget that MS has prodded that which you should not prod - the sleeping giant that is the EU Commission. You don't wake those buggers up unless you fancy a LONG time in court.

Peter
Shill For Hire
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
New Say it isn't so!
Firstly, I don't doubt that MS UK and The Gubmint will "work something out".

Doesn't *ANYBODY* look more than 3 months ahead?
Doesn't ANY bizness/gov do ROI?
Even in UK?
At all?

Never mind.

I just thought.. hoped - there was a correlation between proper language usage and intelligence. Wrong again. :[
New Seems you called it. Billy n'Tony in love. :[
[link|http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/4/23096.html|The cloying smell of excess]

Damn.. if EURO rolls over too - that will make US, UK, Euro ~~ identical in ovine wimpishness.

And.. you're going to put your &^#&^@ HEALTH! Services under the madness of "we own the format and this year you have to Change it. Again."

Baa Baa - welcome to the Lock-in Slaughterhouse, my woolly friends.

Bah.

A.
     Possible UK POAD for The Beast? and_____ \ufffd Opportunity - (Ashton) - (4)
         I'll come do the hand-holding - (drewk)
         Re: Possible UK POAD for The Beast? and_____ ? Opportunity - (pwhysall) - (2)
             Say it isn't so! - (Ashton)
             Seems you called it. Billy n'Tony in love. :[ - (Ashton)

Sittin' on the Group W bench.
39 ms