IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New It's official
I gave notice to my manager. He was shocked to say the least but took it very well. He may want me to stay another week, I am pretty sure that I can swing it with my new job.

Best of all, I got my bonus and he didn't say a word about it.

All in all it went as well as I could expect.

I have to say that I didn't sleep much last night I was so nervous.
New I had to take my own advice never accept a counteroffer
My manager's manager called me in and gave me a whole speech about how they don't want to lose me and what can they do to make me stay etc.

They also want me to stay an extra 2 weeks to help finish the project. I am trying to swing it, in any case I realize now that my concerns about the bonus were completely unfounded.

New It's all well and good to stay a week or two...
but like I think others here have already said, that company is your past, and you have to look to your future.
I felt similar in a job I resigned from a while ago - it's a strange feeling. But then the new paycheck comes in and you get over it real quick :)
Two out of three people wonder where the other one is.
New Agreed
On the other hand I don't want to burn any bridges here. It is a small country where everyone knows everyone else, the people I am leaving now may be my colleagues/bosses in the future. I asked the new company if they mind delaying my start by 2 weeks, if they say no then that's it, if they say yes then I will stay.
New Congratulations and good luck with the new job!
Leave the old one on good terms, but leave.
Alex

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. -- Bertrand Russell
New I am
I spoke to my new boss, he understood and he agreed that it is important that I leave on good terms and therefore is willing to give me the extra 2 weeks.
     It's official - (bluke) - (5)
         I had to take my own advice never accept a counteroffer - (bluke) - (2)
             It's all well and good to stay a week or two... - (Meerkat) - (1)
                 Agreed - (bluke)
         Congratulations and good luck with the new job! - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             I am - (bluke)

I thought it was Run Away From the Dots.
51 ms