IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New CAN-SPAM act causes spam. (img)
[link|http://www.nytimes.com/2005/02/01/technology/01spam.html?hp&ex=1107320400&en=f7486f68b21cb2cc&ei=5094&partner=homepage|NYTimes]:

Since the Can Spam Act went into effect in January 2004, unsolicited junk e-mail on the Internet has come to total perhaps 80 percent or more of all e-mail sent, according to most measures. That is up from 50 percent to 60 percent of all e-mail before the law went into effect.

To some antispam crusaders, the surge comes as no surprise. They had long argued that the law would make the spam problem worse by effectively giving bulk advertisers permission to send junk e-mail as long as they followed certain rules.

"Can Spam legalized spamming itself," said Steve Linford, the founder of the Spamhaus Project, a London organization that is one of the leading groups intent on eliminating junk e-mail. And in making spam legal, he said, the new rules also invited flouting by those intent on being outlaws.

Oh, I think Linford likes Macs:

[image|http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2005/02/01/business/spam.span.jpg|0|Lots O'Macs|250|583]

Cheers,
Scott.
Expand Edited by Another Scott Feb. 1, 2005, 08:45:31 AM EST
New This is they way our government works.
  • Microsoft is convicted of serious anti-trust violations. Solution: let Microsoft write a settlement (who would know more about the subject? (and they make large political contributions which proves them wise)).

• Spam is a problem. Solution: Let the Direct Marketing Association write the law (who would know more about the subject? (and they make large political contributions which proves them wise)).
I knew we were in trouble when the editorial in Direct magazine strongly supported it and said it was time for legislation and please write your congress critters. The editor had previously been absolutely dead against any spam controls whatever, but I guess he wasn't against a law they let him and his buddies write.

Fortunately my hosting service now has effective spam filtering and I get it free due to a quid pro quo.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New You forgot...
Illegal aliens are a problem. Solution: Give them drivers Licenses. Wouldn't want people who are in the country illegally, driving around the country illegally!
~~~)-Steven----

"I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country..."

General George S. Patton
New So then____those were... the golden years of 'the web'.
As Profit-on-Stuff eats up all other motivations for the infrastructure, just as the Neoconmen prepare daily soporifics for that familiar series, Domino Theory invasions - - soon the web shall be in the same position as is the former Republic.

Enjoy. While you can.

(Then see PBS's Credit Card 1 hr. program, now making the rounds.. about the USSC decision which effectively nullified all 'principles' of Usury; find the State with unlimited int. rates: and move HQ there. You can exact this rate next, Anywhere.)

cha cha
cha cha cha

Collectively, we've become such Utter Corporate Pricks. Now methodically engaged in bringing all other aspects of daily life down to Prick-level. Yer gonna LOVE Social Security in the Ownership Society\ufffd.
     CAN-SPAM act causes spam. (img) - (Another Scott) - (3)
         This is they way our government works. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
             You forgot... - (Steven A S)
         So then____those were... the golden years of 'the web'. - (Ashton)

I think that might be an LRPDism candidate...
180 ms