IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Just because there's a standard doesn't mean that the...
...vendors will follow the standard. IIRC, the || operator is in the SQL'99 standard but not the SQL'92 standard. MS hasn't gotten around to being fully compliant with SQL'92, so there's not much hope that they will get SQL'99 compliant anytime soon.

Speaking of which, there are SQL standards for Stored Procedures, but no one seems to have come close to abiding by those.

And while I'm ranting, I think the SQL standards committee are assholes for requiring payment for the standards documentation. At least the W3C makes their recommendations publicly available at no charge.
Expand Edited by ChrisR Jan. 28, 2005, 07:19:17 PM EST
New One wonders, how the F can they call it a "standard" at all!
If it's not freely available, then it just isn't a standard.

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Your lies are of Microsoftian Scale and boring to boot. Your 'depression' may be the closest you ever come to recognizing truth: you have no 'inferiority complex', you are inferior - and something inside you recognizes this. - [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=71575|Ashton Brown]
     string concatentation standards rant - (tablizer) - (2)
         Just because there's a standard doesn't mean that the... - (ChrisR) - (1)
             One wonders, how the F can they call it a "standard" at all! - (CRConrad)

It's one thing to know they're coming...
42 ms