IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New That guy needs to be shot.
Cut-n-paste is *NOT* a good programming technique. I'm maintaining/upgrading a web-site created with that most ancient technique. *shudder* Soooo many pages are near identical.

Wade.

Is it enough to love
Is it enough to breathe
Somebody rip my heart out
And leave me here to bleed

Is it enough to die
Somebody save my life
I'd rather be Anything but Ordinary
Please

-- "Anything but Ordinary" by Avril Lavigne.

New factoring frowned on
I was at one place where they duplicated the functionality of a module 8 times. I asked if I could refactor it and the architect told me that such had caused too many problems in the past and didn't let me do it. They were afraid of any meta concepts altoghether. That and other things made me decide to up my asking price during the next project contract negotiation round and they didn't bite. In difficult times one should live with crap, but that place was soooooo messed up. Out of all the contracts, I have to give them first place in F-ness, and I've seen tough competition. It was a major phone company that starts with "S". DON'T GO THERE! It is the worse combination of stubborn beurocracy and over-caffinated PHB's. Usually they are somewhat mutually exclusive, but not at this place.
Created as new thread #191892 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=191892|You might find this interesting...]
New ICLRPD (new thread)
Created as new thread #192719 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=192719|ICLRPD]
jb4
shrub\ufffdbish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

Here's one more for Bryce: - (CRConrad) - (28)
         CRC error. Too late... already been pointed out. - (folkert)
         Oh yeah - there's a gem - (tuberculosis) - (13)
             Yeah, that's the one that struck me the most too. Sheesh! -NT - (CRConrad)
             That guy needs to be shot. - (static) - (3)
                 factoring frowned on - (tablizer) - (2)
                     You might find this interesting... (new thread) - (Another Scott)
                     ICLRPD (new thread) - (jb4)
             Divide-and-Conquer - (tablizer) - (3)
                 ! - (pwhysall) - (2)
                     For machines, no. For humans, yes. -NT - (tablizer)
                     Database is excellent IPC mechanism (new thread) - (tuberculosis)
             I e-mailed him about the article - (bluke) - (3)
                 That tells me he has *never* worked with cut-n-paste. -NT - (static) - (2)
                     Sure he did - (broomberg) - (1)
                         Never mind - (broomberg)
         Damn! - (tablizer) - (6)
             Go after him. - (admin) - (4)
                 I sent him email asking for citation to be added -NT - (tablizer) - (3)
                     Bah. - (admin) - (2)
                         There's always time to escalate. - (imric) - (1)
                             Update: he denies it - (tablizer)
             What HE said ^^^ -NT - (imric)
         32 - (systems) - (3)
             OT: Tried to locate his books at Amazon - (Arkadiy) - (2)
                 I found 2 of them - (bluke) - (1)
                     I wanted to find all of them... -NT - (Arkadiy)
         Here is his bio - (bluke)
         According to the author - (bluke)

There aren't many trolls in North Korea, either.
55 ms