IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Who here is in Texas?

Am a scuba diver who was spoiled in Guam

If I was sticking around the area, I could sell you my gear cheap. Most is in great shape, in spite of being bought years ago from Ralph Erickson, PADI instructor #0001.

Reasonable housing costs

Be forewarned: Texas doesn't have a state income tax, so they get it out of you in property taxes. Tax rates of 3.5-4.0/$100 valuation are not uncommon. Also, almost anything built within the past 15 years will be in a community run by a HOA. That can add an easy $500 - $750 annually to your expenses. When my soon-to-be-ex-wife and I were looking at new homes in the south and west suburbs of Houston, we actually saw a development where the annual HOA dues were $1200. I've heard a rumor that a snooty, yuppie upper crust development within the city has a $2000 HOA annual fee.
lincoln
"Windows XP has so many holes in its security that any reasonable user will conclude it was designed by the same German officer who created the prison compound in "Hogan's Heroes." - Andy Ihnatko, Chicago Sun-Times
[link|mailto:bconnors@ev1.net|contact me]
Expand Edited by lincoln Jan. 4, 2005, 08:40:50 PM EST
New Dive gear
I already have my own gear. It came in handy since I usually dove at least twice a week year 'round in Guam. Prices for gear there were low considering the volume of sales they made there, so I came out of there with a Chute II BCD, 2 sets of regs (one for my nitrox pony tank), a dive computer and all the extras. I was disappointed that they started the tech diving courses just as I was leaving the island. I would have liked to get the mixed air and decompression certs.

I have been looking initially at housing prices, and had noticed the property taxes, but since I haven't owned a house yet, I don't really know what's high. As for HOA, I'll keep that in mind. I don't really need a house in the snooty areas; and with no family, I don't really need an extravegant house or an especially new one, just one that's in good condition. With that in mind, I should be able to keep HOA fees low.
~~~)-Steven----

"I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country..."

General George S. Patton
     Who here is in Texas? - (Steven A S) - (16)
         Near Dallas, TX - (ChrisR)
         Texas since 82 - (SpiceWare) - (4)
             Re: Texas since 82 - (Steven A S) - (1)
                 part of 2 - (SpiceWare)
             Wait! Since When? - (gdaustin) - (1)
                 Don't know - (SpiceWare)
         Dude... - (jb4) - (1)
             Was assigned in NM for 5 years - (Steven A S)
         Re: Who here is in Texas? - (lincoln) - (1)
             Dive gear - (Steven A S)
         If I HAD to move to texas I would look at Corpus Christi - (daemon) - (2)
             Re: If I HAD to move to texas I would look at Corpus Christi - (Steven A S)
             disagree - (SpiceWare)
         Me Too - Dallas/Ft. Worth - (gdaustin)
         San Antonio? - (gdaustin) - (1)
             Re: San Antonio? - (Steven A S)

Absorbant and yellow and porous is he!
45 ms