IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I've said this before, a couple of times.
But I swear, there is NO better place on the entire Internet to look for information than these fora. I was reminded just tonight of what a moron I am and got an answer to a question that availed me the opportunity to "Just Say No!" to the Microsoft tax in my house forever. What is that worth? Not only in dollars, but in mental health terms?

I've offended, I'm sure, more than a few here with my political rants (it is my sheepishness in matters technical that gives me pause to post much in technical fora on account of my being an MCSD whose experience is largely VB/MS Sql Server the value of which here is rightly second or third class). Still, whenever I encounter a seemingly insurmountable problem, I am exceedingly more likely to find an answer here - and quickly - than I am to pay some one who sold me the product I am having difficulty with.

That, for me, is the essence and the beauty of open source. We are an open source community, we all, I think, try to contribute to the best of our ability with a web presence that is also contributed. I often rant about the inhumanity of technology but even I must concede the uncommon humanity of ziwethey. It is my homepage, it is the site I visit many multiples of times more than I visit any other and when I see something on some other site that I think might contribute to the members discourse here, it is the first site I think of to post what I have discovered. To all those who make this place possible, I again thank you.

Yes, even the unconscionable assholes that voted for Bush (whom I hope are vastly outnumbered here).
bcnu,
Mikem

Eine Leute. Eine Welt. Ein F\ufffdhrer.
(Just trying to be accepted in the New America)
New I'm with you there, Moffitt
No matter how out of touch I get with things, missing the news, behind reading my papers, etc, if there is something big going on in the news, it's being talked about here.

Whenever I've needed computer/technological aid, such as trying to get Zephyr up and working like I wanted, all I need to do is ask, and it's here.

I consider this place a gold-mine of information, and never once have regretted joining it, not even when people were behaving at their worst concerning my presence.

So I join you by extending a personal thank you to both the people who run the place, as well as every person who makes up IWT and makes it what it is. :)

May 2005 be a great IWT year for all. :)

Brenda
Nightowl >8#

"The people of the world having once been deceived, suspect deceit in truth itself." -- Hitopadesa 600?-1100? AD, Sanskrit Fable From Panchatantr
New Mike, you ignorant slut -
What possibly could be wrong with pointing out the hypocrisy of Murican religio-political bafflegab?
However easy that target, of course - so much to choose from.. so little time.

er, :-\ufffd

Yeah.. pretty amazing that a core group has survived this long, on a medium with the lasting power / attention span of a Mayfly, typically.

I'm particularly appreciative of the catholic interests, talents - quite beyond the [umm. uhm. Prodigious!] techno abilities. 'Twas that aspect which manifested throughout the original IW forums - which got my attention. I thought I espied Intelligence! amidst the mere techno virtuosity taken for granted.

This was/is atypical 'technician' behaviour, at least in my prior experience. Maybe technician has bad class connotations (but then, so does Professional, etc.) Whatever.. we're writing the sequel to, The Soul of a New Machine long after poor old Data General lies amidst the detritus with DEC et al
(though I gather that their VAXen continue to be consulted daily by various physics types who cut their computing teeth on those cute buggers).

Can zIWE [can the USA?] survive Four More Years? 'Twill be a masterful performance in either case. January 2009.. Imagine. That.

moi
New Nope. Sorry to "burst your bubble"\ufffd.
Quoth Sir Ashton:
Can zIWE [can the USA?] survive Four More Years? 'Twill be a masterful performance in either case. January 2009.. Imagine. That.
As far as zIWE surviving Four More Years, I can say: "No, it will not survive another four years". No, it will be burned in any GOOD Incinerator I can find. But throught the magicuum-ressur-rectuumde-tomcatuum vie antuum-builde-ta, *IWE will rise from the ashes that are zIWE, transforming yet ascending to jIWE. This glorious event has been foretold to me in a dream, by the GRR, being sometime in the unpredictable future. All references to zIWE will be admonished and atoned for by direction to the jIWE rather.

As far as this Eeew-Sah, you spoke of... I think it rather not matter, as the ©®Sheeple™ will just bleet along with what ever the current Regime dictates.
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey

[link|http://it.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=134485&cid=11233230|"Microsoft Security" is an even better oxymoron than "Miltary Intelligence"]
No matter how much Microsoft supporters whine about how Linux and other operating systems have just as many bugs as their operating systems do, the bottom line is that the serious, gut-wrenching problems happen on Windows, not on Linux, not on Mac OS. -- [link|http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1622086,00.asp|source]
New You're such a tease.
I'm looking forward to the new version with anticipation. User comments on web pages are getting a lot of [link|http://dangillmor.typepad.com/|press] these days. There might be a big market for it...

Luck!

Cheers,
Scott.
New You might, Rabbit, you might.
I hope I didn't show that much leg. Dam.

Yeah, there are many things that are going to be different really soon. Media is changing and they don't even know it.

Those that embrace disruptive technology, become the leader, those that fight it, drop the ball alot.
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey

[link|http://it.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=134485&cid=11233230|"Microsoft Security" is an even better oxymoron than "Miltary Intelligence"]
No matter how much Microsoft supporters whine about how Linux and other operating systems have just as many bugs as their operating systems do, the bottom line is that the serious, gut-wrenching problems happen on Windows, not on Linux, not on Mac OS. -- [link|http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1622086,00.asp|source]
     I've said this before, a couple of times. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
         I'm with you there, Moffitt - (Nightowl)
         Mike, you ignorant slut - - (Ashton) - (3)
             Nope. Sorry to "burst your bubble"\ufffd. - (folkert) - (2)
                 You're such a tease. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     You might, Rabbit, you might. - (folkert)

An eye is upon you... staring straight down and keenly through!
44 ms