IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Not unless VB is integrated with SQL server
There is a lot of legacy Access code out there that uses functions written in VB from within SQL.

Can you do that in SQL server?

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New Yeesh!
I'll admit to not knowing that much about the dirty tricks that one can play within Access... VB *inside* the DB structure itself? Yeek.
"Here at Ortillery Command we have at our disposal hundred megawatt laser beams, mach 20 titanium rods and guided thermonuclear bombs. Some people say we think that we're God. We're not God. We just borrowed his 'SMITE' button for our fire control system."
New That trick is actually useful..ugly, but useful
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New The poor man's Control Tables
New That's one thing to use it for
New Files systems are not much better. Trees too damned limited
New "In the Next Version"
The next version of SQL Server ("Yukon") as well as it's MSDE replacing offshoot SQL Server Express will support hosting the .Net CLR in SQL Server.

Not the same thing though, in regards to supporting legacy Access code.
--
Chris Altmann
     Why does something this simple, take soo long? - (folkert) - (21)
         Probably at the Access level - (JayMehaffey) - (1)
             Doesn't matter either way. - (folkert)
         Investigate Pass-Through Queries in Access -NT - (altmann) - (1)
             Thanks. I do that later. - (folkert)
         Latency between Access and SQL Server - (ben_tilly) - (2)
             That is just WRONG. - (folkert)
             Sometimes faster just to import the whole table - (ChrisR)
         I would ask for a showplan - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
             There is an osql - (altmann)
         The answer is in the first line of your post -NT - (tuberculosis) - (1)
             Clever, cleaver, thine art. -NT - (folkert)
         Most questions that start, "why does Access......?" - (tablizer) - (9)
             That might change. - (inthane-chan) - (8)
                 Not unless VB is integrated with SQL server - (ben_tilly) - (7)
                     Yeesh! - (inthane-chan) - (4)
                         That trick is actually useful..ugly, but useful -NT - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                             The poor man's Control Tables -NT - (ChrisR) - (2)
                                 That's one thing to use it for -NT - (ben_tilly)
                                 Files systems are not much better. Trees too damned limited -NT - (tablizer)
                     Perish the thought - (ChrisR)
                     "In the Next Version" - (altmann)

For Wade, it is to laugh.
119 ms