IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Definitive proof of rapid global warming
[link|http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/12/10/no.snow.ap/index.html|http://www.cnn.com/2...now.ap/index.html]

Snowmobilers raced on alfalfa at Luverne's Winterfest last weekend. It's coarser than grass and doesn't cause the snowmobile to dig into the dirt, said Lyle Stroeh, president of the Rock County Sno-Masters club that hosted the drag race.

"They were ready for winter, so we did it anyway," Stroeh said. The club had already bought insurance to race during Winterfest and couldn't postpone it. Keeping the race short prevented the slides on the bottom of the snowmobiles from overheating and melting.

---
Ya know, if this doesn't bring home the point, I don't know what will.

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."     --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."     --George W. Bush
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 06:40:04 AM EDT
New Definitive?
From the same article:

According to state climatologists, brown Decembers aren't all that unusual.

"December's usually not your best snow month anyway," said Pete Boulay, assistant state climatologist.

Most of the latter half of the article contained variations on that theme.

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New We'll see
Anyhow, Minnesotans riding snowmobiles on alfalfa says something very wacky about the mindset up there. I'm not sure what it says, but it says something what with the burning of more gasoline to go fast on snow riding machines that are incrementally contributing to the reduction in annual snow - its really sublime in some sense.

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."     --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."     --George W. Bush
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 06:40:09 AM EDT
New But, we already knew that Minnesotans are wacky :-)
I'd say more, but I know at least a couple of ex-Minnesotans who might decide to whack me if I did...

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New Gotta do sumtin up here. Course a good woman is preferred..
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail ... but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"
New whack!
New Who're whackin'? Ben or me?
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail ... but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"
Expand Edited by jbrabeck Dec. 11, 2004, 08:57:43 PM EST
New why...
...Ben, of course. :)
New I guess that even THINKING it wasn't safe...
New Uh, "Slugger": Ben calls Minnesotans "WACK-y", and the...
...first thing you -- presumably a Minnesotan, judging from your reaction -- do, is to "WHACK!" him?!?

What's that supposed to accomplish -- BESIDES proving his very point...?

:-)

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Your lies are of Microsoftian Scale and boring to boot. Your 'depression' may be the closest you ever come to recognizing truth: you have no 'inferiority complex', you are inferior - and something inside you recognizes this. - [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=71575|Ashton Brown]
New Eggactly....
....ex-Minnesotan, actually. Folks there may indeed be a tad wacky, but they have a longer life expectency than folks in any other state. And, they are a friendly bunch. One can also hear the strong French-Canadian influence, which I still cannot shake to this day. Can you say "a-boot". :)

Seriously, if you ever visit the States, it is a nice place to check out - particularly in the September/October timeframe.

OT: whacking Ben also helped relieve much of the pressure brought about by the 70+ hours of the week just past. And, seeing as it was a virtual whack, no esteemed Perl programmers were harmed in the making of my previous post. :)

Cheers,
Slugbug
Expand Edited by slugbug Dec. 13, 2004, 12:17:32 AM EST
New All ya needs to know 'boot Minnesotans
is in Garrison K's mind and on tales of Lake Wobegon ;-)

Only He can sing We're All Republicans Now! with an entire audience Getting It.

rest case :-\ufffd
New ICLRD (new thread)
Created as new thread #186849 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=186849|ICLRD]
New That's probably not French-Canadian, but Scandahoovian.
Vee taalk laahk that too, yoo see.

Your lies are of Microsoftian Scale and boring to boot. Your 'depression' may be the closest you ever come to recognizing truth: you have no 'inferiority complex', you are inferior - and something inside you recognizes this. - [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=71575|Ashton Brown]
New side note, a lot of scandihoovians there
4 generations American and their accent is markedly similar to yours.
regards,
daemon
that way too many Iraqis conceived of free society as little more than a mosh pit with grenades. ANDISHEH NOURAEE
clearwater highschool marching band [link|http://www.chstornadoband.org/|http://www.chstornadoband.org/]
New Yaah, thanks, I know. Lake Ki-Chi-Saga, anyone?
I mean, YTF would their football team be called the Vikings otherwise?

And yes, mr Keillor talks about the Scandinanvian heritage a lot. (Mainly in the form of "Norwegian bachelor farmers" mentioned regularly.)

And being both Swedish and somewhat literate, I'm familiar with mr Moberg's epics, "the Emigrants", "the Immigrants", etc. Recommended, BTW.

Definitive proof of rapid global warming - (tuberculosis) - (15)
         Definitive? - (ben_tilly) - (14)
             We'll see - (tuberculosis) - (13)
                 But, we already knew that Minnesotans are wacky :-) - (ben_tilly) - (12)
                     Gotta do sumtin up here. Course a good woman is preferred.. -NT - (jbrabeck)
                     whack! -NT - (slugbug) - (10)
                         Who're whackin'? Ben or me? -NT - (jbrabeck) - (1)
                             why... - (slugbug)
                         I guess that even THINKING it wasn't safe... -NT - (ben_tilly)
                         Uh, "Slugger": Ben calls Minnesotans "WACK-y", and the... - (CRConrad) - (6)
                             Eggactly.... - (slugbug) - (3)
                                 All ya needs to know 'boot Minnesotans - (Ashton)
                                 ICLRD (new thread) - (ben_tilly)
                                 That's probably not French-Canadian, but Scandahoovian. - (CRConrad)
                             side note, a lot of scandihoovians there - (daemon) - (1)
                                 Yaah, thanks, I know. Lake Ki-Chi-Saga, anyone? - (CRConrad)

Sell crazy somewhere else. We're all stocked up.
142 ms