IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New UGH! He's better off with plain ol C code.
At least you can read it.

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."     --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."     --George W. Bush
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 06:35:25 AM EDT
New Sorry
Sorry, I had to turn off HTML processing for that post because it was mangling the xsl. Or was that what you meant?

Also, to insure well-formed XML, I probably should have written that middle snippet like so (in VB.Net this time):
\nDim writer As New XmlTextWriter(outputStream)\n\nwriter.Formatting = Formatting.Indented\n\nwriter.WriteStartElement("recordset")\n\nForeach record in recordset\n   writer.WriteStartElement("record")\n   writer.WriteElementString("field1", XmlConvert.ToString(field1))\n   writer.WriteElementString("field2", XmlConvert.ToString(field2))\n   writer.writeEndElement()\nNext\n\nwriter.WriteEndElement()\nwriter.Close()\n

Much cleaner.

8)
--
Chris Altmann
New XSL isn't bad for simple, quick and dirty formatting
I wouldn't use it for anything remotely complex, though.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
     Static HTML from database - (Arkadiy) - (19)
         Or VB. - (mmoffitt)
         Prebuilt template system just for you - (FuManChu) - (15)
             Come on. - (Arkadiy) - (14)
                 XSLT? - (altmann) - (3)
                     UGH! He's better off with plain ol C code. - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                         Sorry - (altmann)
                         XSL isn't bad for simple, quick and dirty formatting - (admin)
                 How complex do you want to get? - (admin) - (9)
                     So, what would be a good one for Python? - (Arkadiy) - (8)
                         Sounds like a job for Perl's HTML::Template - (Yendor) - (1)
                             There are a ton of good Perl template modules - (ben_tilly)
                         That's the reason many people would choose Python - (FuManChu) - (5)
                             That's going a bit far... - (admin) - (4)
                                 Meh. I'll meet that halfway - (FuManChu) - (3)
                                     So say it already - (Arkadiy) - (2)
                                         I can't think of any that do *everything* you want - (FuManChu) - (1)
                                             *Sigh* - (Arkadiy)
         Me? :-) - (static) - (1)
             Can't rely on anything in th esrever beyond static pages. -NT - (Arkadiy)

Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I'll BEAT YOU WITH until you realize who's in command.
99 ms