IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Sounds like a job for Perl's HTML::Template
I've never used it, but I know people who have[TM].
-YendorMike

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
New There are a ton of good Perl template modules
Each tackling different kinds of problems. For a comparison, see [link|http://perl.apache.org/docs/tutorials/tmpl/comparison/comparison.html|http://perl.apache.o...n/comparison.html]. While the choices described there do not include templating tools in different languages, the article at least gives a framework to think about what you want from a templating tool, which helps you judge for other languages.

But you're right that HTML::Template aims to be very simple to get started with. That also means that it lacks features that other templating modules include.

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
     Static HTML from database - (Arkadiy) - (19)
         Or VB. - (mmoffitt)
         Prebuilt template system just for you - (FuManChu) - (15)
             Come on. - (Arkadiy) - (14)
                 XSLT? - (altmann) - (3)
                     UGH! He's better off with plain ol C code. - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                         Sorry - (altmann)
                         XSL isn't bad for simple, quick and dirty formatting - (admin)
                 How complex do you want to get? - (admin) - (9)
                     So, what would be a good one for Python? - (Arkadiy) - (8)
                         Sounds like a job for Perl's HTML::Template - (Yendor) - (1)
                             There are a ton of good Perl template modules - (ben_tilly)
                         That's the reason many people would choose Python - (FuManChu) - (5)
                             That's going a bit far... - (admin) - (4)
                                 Meh. I'll meet that halfway - (FuManChu) - (3)
                                     So say it already - (Arkadiy) - (2)
                                         I can't think of any that do *everything* you want - (FuManChu) - (1)
                                             *Sigh* - (Arkadiy)
         Me? :-) - (static) - (1)
             Can't rely on anything in th esrever beyond static pages. -NT - (Arkadiy)

Zarro Boogs found.
44 ms