IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Cool
Cocoa rocks - I mean - totally beyond all other UI construction environments.

Hopefully you are using ObjectiveC and taking advantage of the full environment.

The java shims are just not nearly as good.
New It has the potential to seriously confuse the hell out of me
So it must be a good thing. I've still only constructed my one little 'two line app' but it gave a good indication of the power of the thing. And the ease at which things can be built. I just need to spend time wrapping my head around the concepts and getting my head into a more 'object' frame of mind. Looking foward to it.
On and on and on and on,
and on and on and on goes John.
New IB took me several months to "get"
But once I did it was magic.

The light came on when I sat down and wrote a Cocoa app with no nib files from scratch. Once you see what to put together programatically, you see what you're supposed to assemble in IB.

I'm continually amazed at what I can get done in no time at all.

Ask if you get stuck - I got a lot of help from friends at Apple (one of them works on IB) and I can get you answers from the source if you want them.

Otherwise, the dev lists are good.
New Many thanks.
ALl I need to do know if dream up some kind of 'pet project' to get started on. Mind you, I'll be starting off real simple - after all, I'm a crap C coder so I have much to learn. Too many years of VB in my shadowy past have warped my fragile little mind :)

(Mind you if I do any proper dev work it'll be an excuse to buy a Quicksilver box :)
On and on and on and on,
and on and on and on goes John.
     So I can't upgrade to 10.1... - (Meerkat) - (12)
         OK, jus tignore this thread :) - (Meerkat) - (11)
             What was wrong? -NT - (static) - (8)
                 Appears to simply have been screen brightness. - (Meerkat) - (7)
                     10.1.1 fixes terminal launch slowness - (tjsinclair) - (6)
                         I've written my first Cocoa app. - (Meerkat) - (5)
                             Smartest thing Apple ever did was include the tools -NT - (tjsinclair)
                             Cool - (tuberculosis) - (3)
                                 It has the potential to seriously confuse the hell out of me - (Meerkat) - (2)
                                     IB took me several months to "get" - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                                         Many thanks. - (Meerkat)
             Of course, after all that.. - (tjsinclair) - (1)
                 Another day, another upgrade... - (Meerkat)

I just want to... sing!
44 ms