This is more of an accolade rather than a review, but my Canon BJC-6000 is performed somewhat in excess of my expectations in recent days and I want someone to share that with.

I'm involved somewhat with a local community theatre company. Since we usually have only 6 productions, we only need 200 or so programs. Getting them professionally printed or whatever is difficult because the print run is far too short to make economical. Past programs have generally been the purleiu of who normally does the publicity, mostly because no-one else has taken it on. Unfortunately, all he has is a very old Mac (MacOS 7, I think he said) and his design skills are somewhat indifferent.

On a lark, I mocked up a program for the current production. It was so distinctly above what we previously had I got the go-ahead to look at doing the full run. For roughly a quarter of the cost, I can do the whole run on my printer on some very nice paper. My printer has been running almost continuously for a two days or so, printing. Without missing a beat except when I've done something dumb with orienting the paper for printing the second side. :-)

I've been really impressed with it. Although with this paper a whole program takes about 6 minutes to print (both sheets, both sides), the end result is something like we've almost never had before. The printer even knows exactly when an ink tank is going to run out and has so far managed to stop and tell me between pages!

Of course, there's no reason at all why modern ink jet printers can't be hard-working and reliable, it's just I was pleasantly surprised at how effortlessly it has soldiered on under a far greater load than any I've so far given it. Well done Canon.

Wade.