IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New And therefore what
The US has certainly been a friend to Israel, there is no argument here. My point was that teh US is acting in a very hypocritical manner.
New And they would argue...
...that they are doing this to assist in the timely transition of interim government...and are doing so at the request of the acting government.

And before everyone gets all huffy...I do realize that is a bullshit response insofar as we placed the interim government in power in the first place.

Dude, we're hypocritical in the mid-east every time we change an administration. Why are you in here of all places pining for this group to realize something that we all already know?
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New The U.S. has always been hypocritical
They apply one standard to Israel and another to the rest of the mideast. Of course, if we really wanted to make friends in the MidEast, all we'd have to do is pull the rug out and pass an economic blockade against Israel in the security council.

You seem to be under the mistaken belief that the U.S. has taken a hard line against Israel. What I always hear from the State Dept is (a) Israel should be cautious and sensitive; and (b) Israel has a right to defend itself. That line basically means the U.S. does nothing to try and stop the Israelis - including in Jenin.

As for the current context, I for one dislike the response from those that are trying to justify the soldiers actions. If the soldiers do not have discipline, then they are not a military force. It doesn't really matter whether we can justify it to ourselves, the effect on Arab opinion is already set in concrete. What matters from our perspective is simply whether the soldier defied orders in how to handle situations in armed conflict. Court martial his ass if he did. If the problem is more systematic, then Court Martial those involved in issuing the orders.
     Marine executes wounded unarmed prisoners - (bluke) - (32)
         s/prisoner/DEADLY ASSAILANT OF FREEDOM AND TRUTH/ -NT - (pwhysall)
         feller doing the shooting was shot in the face - (daemon) - (14)
             Excuses, excuses, excuses - (bluke) - (13)
                 What are you looking for? - (bepatient) - (11)
                     And the tactics in Falluja don't???? - (bluke) - (4)
                         Israel has very few friends - (ChrisR) - (3)
                             And therefore what - (bluke) - (2)
                                 And they would argue... - (bepatient)
                                 The U.S. has always been hypocritical - (ChrisR)
                     The US is very arrogant - (bluke) - (5)
                         ROFL - - (imric)
                         I won't expect symapthy. - (bepatient)
                         er..nitpick... - (Simon_Jester) - (2)
                             I think the US is arrogant - (imric) - (1)
                                 s /US/human race/ -NT - (Another Scott)
                 eh? personally I think Israel should have long ago - (daemon)
         Saw a grab from US TV. - (static)
         "All considered hostile" - (ChrisR) - (14)
             More from the camera man - (ChrisR) - (8)
                 Even the shooter realized he did something wrong - (Arkadiy) - (7)
                     "We didn't know the camps were there." - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                         From a camp guard? I don't think so. - (Arkadiy) - (5)
                             Yes. Terrified of being caught. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                 NOT militia. Militia is NOT Military. - (imric)
                                 The president and the S.o.D. - (Arkadiy) - (2)
                                     I think you are spot on - (Silverlock) - (1)
                                         Deja Vu? - (dmcarls)
             Finding someone to blame. - (static) - (4)
                 Accidental execution? -NT - (imric) - (1)
                     I meant a possible errant decision made in haste. -NT - (static)
                 I wouldn't classify it as an accident.... - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                     The IDF has a term for it - "verification of the kill". - (a6l6e6x)