IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New The US is very arrogant
I say this as someone who was born in the US and grew up there and will always think of myself as an American.

The US acts like the pigs in Animal Farm, everyone is equal but some are more equal then others. For example, nuclear weapons are bad and we can't let country x get them, but we will maintain our arsenal of thousands of nuclear weapons and in fact develop new ones.

Suddenly when the US is fighting a war against Islamic militants everything is allowed. Contrast Jenin and Falluja. In Jenin, Israel did not use heavy weapons out of consideration for civilians, yet what was the reaction of the US and the world? What is the US doing in Falluja?

After Abu Ghraib all I heard was how Abu Ghraib doesn't represent America. Now I am sure we will hear that the Marines who killed unarmed wounded Iraqis also don't represent America. So who does represent America?

People in the US think that the US is the model of democracy. In fact, the US has become a model for how not to run a democracy. Elections for the US have become a joke. Over 90% of elections for the House were not really contested because of gerrymandering. The Senate is not much better. We all know the problems with the electoral college.

The US is headed for a big fall, the budget and trade deficits are unsustainable, and the war in Iraq is draining away a lot of money. When it happens don't expect anyone around the world to be sympathetic.

New ROFL -
I'm not sympathetic.

And - the world should FEAR the fall of the Republic. What comes next is EMPIRE.

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

New I won't expect symapthy.
But I do expect pining for the days when we paid for everything. Where do you think that capital is gonna come from next...France?
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New er..nitpick...
The US is very arrogant

The current administration is very arrogant.

I'll note with some humor that complaints with the current adminisration are a couple of weeks late.

The US is headed for a big fall, the budget and trade deficits are unsustainable, and the war in Iraq is draining away a lot of money. When it happens don't expect anyone around the world to be sympathetic

I expect just under half the country to be unsympathetic as well.
New I think the US is arrogant
The vast majority of us, red or blue or other.

That arrogance has been drilled into our society, taught to most of us from childhood.

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

New s /US/human race/
     Marine executes wounded unarmed prisoners - (bluke) - (32)
         s/prisoner/DEADLY ASSAILANT OF FREEDOM AND TRUTH/ -NT - (pwhysall)
         feller doing the shooting was shot in the face - (daemon) - (14)
             Excuses, excuses, excuses - (bluke) - (13)
                 What are you looking for? - (bepatient) - (11)
                     And the tactics in Falluja don't???? - (bluke) - (4)
                         Israel has very few friends - (ChrisR) - (3)
                             And therefore what - (bluke) - (2)
                                 And they would argue... - (bepatient)
                                 The U.S. has always been hypocritical - (ChrisR)
                     The US is very arrogant - (bluke) - (5)
                         ROFL - - (imric)
                         I won't expect symapthy. - (bepatient)
                         er..nitpick... - (Simon_Jester) - (2)
                             I think the US is arrogant - (imric) - (1)
                                 s /US/human race/ -NT - (Another Scott)
                 eh? personally I think Israel should have long ago - (daemon)
         Saw a grab from US TV. - (static)
         "All considered hostile" - (ChrisR) - (14)
             More from the camera man - (ChrisR) - (8)
                 Even the shooter realized he did something wrong - (Arkadiy) - (7)
                     "We didn't know the camps were there." - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                         From a camp guard? I don't think so. - (Arkadiy) - (5)
                             Yes. Terrified of being caught. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                 NOT militia. Militia is NOT Military. - (imric)
                                 The president and the S.o.D. - (Arkadiy) - (2)
                                     I think you are spot on - (Silverlock) - (1)
                                         Deja Vu? - (dmcarls)
             Finding someone to blame. - (static) - (4)
                 Accidental execution? -NT - (imric) - (1)
                     I meant a possible errant decision made in haste. -NT - (static)
                 I wouldn't classify it as an accident.... - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                     The IDF has a term for it - "verification of the kill". - (a6l6e6x)

Anything that ugly should die and be eaten at breakfast.
76 ms