IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Almost contradictory requests
You seem to want people who focus on both machine-level performance stuff and on higher level architecture issues. Most tend to gravitate toward one or the other. Tree-heads often make poor forest-heads and visa versa in my observation.

Regarding "and do a sane cocktail napkin OO design", nobody agrees on what good OO design is. OOD is very inconsistent from (proclaimed) guru-to-guru and person-to-person. You are essentially asking for people who think just like you do, which is a crap-shoot rather than finding the real cream.

He wants people who are grounded in theory, by with enough experience to think for themselves. I would have failed the OO portion, but then again, I'm probably not the type of programmer he is looking for. But I may have shown enough thought process to be acceptable, whether or not I had enough OO theory.

Tree people need to be babysat. He does not want them.

Bottom line: He knows want he wants and he know how bad people CAN be, and is trying to avoid them.
     Finding decent programmers - (tuberculosis) - (56)
         well.. - (deSitter)
         Not surprising. - (admin) - (35)
             Don't agree - (tuberculosis) - (34)
                 Hire Jake - (deSitter)
                 Re: Don't agree - (admin) - (22)
                     Oh yeah - we want one scripting language - (tuberculosis) - (21)
                         Please don't ask the one about the manhole covers. :-/ - (Another Scott) - (1)
                             Otherwise known as... - (admin)
                         Shell scripting isn't the same thing at all. - (admin) - (9)
                             I said it was rhetorical - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                                 Don't you mean, "rederickal"? - (admin)
                             Admin, I'd like a copy of the CD or the ISO. -NT - (folkert) - (6)
                                 I'll throw a copy up on my site. - (admin) - (5)
                                     I wonder if that CD would be good as a VMWare image - (tonytib)
                                     When ever. Its a *NOT* short term thing. -NT - (folkert)
                                     Re: I'll throw a copy up on my site. - (admin) - (2)
                                         Interesting. - (folkert) - (1)
                                             Enjoy. -NT - (admin)
                         Potentially sparse? I don't think so... - (ben_tilly) - (6)
                             I took the ones that start with 0 into account. - (admin) - (2)
                                 I was referring to the step where you... - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                     Ah, gotcha. Good point. -NT - (admin)
                             For various values of "sparse" - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                                 Unless you have a lot of knowledge... - (ben_tilly)
                             Re: social security numbers can start with 0 - (a6l6e6x)
                         Re: Oh yeah - we want one scripting language - (ubernostrum) - (1)
                             IRLRPD. (new thread) - (Another Scott)
                 NEED to be fixed or MAY need to be fixed? - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                     MAY - (tuberculosis)
                 you dont sell fish anymore, who cares if its fresh? - (daemon)
                 Reversing words is trickier than chars - (Arkadiy) - (6)
                     read the post above yours :-) - (daemon)
                     You're missing an obvious and good solution - (tuberculosis) - (4)
                         ohhh - (Arkadiy)
                         An obvious but NOT necessarily good solution - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                             It gives the results I expect - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                                 I was assuming... - (ben_tilly)
         Well it helps if you learn to spell it - (ben_tilly) - (10)
             I think you'd pass - (tuberculosis) - (9)
                 RemoveSpaces - (Arkadiy)
                 I might pass at that... - (ben_tilly) - (7)
                     Wife's-pathology interviews? >:-) -NT - (Another Scott) - (3)
                         Yes, she'll be a pathological expert -NT - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                             wow! goatrope her into a trip east - (daemon) - (1)
                                 That's up to her - (ben_tilly)
                     If you do decide to come here - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                         Get yourself enough iwetheyers in your dept... - (FuManChu) - (1)
                             Imagine what PARC might have done - (tuberculosis)
         I can answer all those questions. - (jake123) - (3)
             When can you get here? - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                 YEAH! -NT - (deSitter)
                 Ooh yeah - IWETHEY-West, here we come! -NT - (inthane-chan)
         I could take a stab... - (Arkadiy)
         Almost contradictory requests - (tablizer) - (1)
             Not true - (broomberg)
         There seems to be a problem in CS education - (ubernostrum)

Thank you, drive through.
151 ms