IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New err you are confused
there was a memo circulated from the gore camp to lawyers on all the points to challenge the miltary vote. To refuse to allow undated ballots received before the deadline as not being compliant, to whining about signatures on miltary ballots not matching voter reg sigs, there was a concerted effort by the dems to discount every fla oversea's ballot to the point that Joe Lieberman had to redfacedly ask that they stop.
Having said that and being here during the election and declining to vote as both Bush and Gore turned my stomach,
Gore would be president today except for a badly designed ballot designed by a democrat and a massive turnout by minoritys that couldnt figure out how the ballot worked. If a voter punches gore and writes gore in that vote is discounted by fla law. Voter education lost the presidency and all the whining in the world will not change the fact that people knew who to vote for but had no idea on how to do it. That blame is placed entirely on the backs of the parties who should have emphasised on how to vote a legal ballot the least of their duties. There is also a lot of snivelling about translaters not being available. INS regs insist that citizen tests be issued and passed in English unless the applicant is 55 yrs and older and is being sponsored by a relative. So why do ballots have to be translated? If you are a citizen of the US should you not understand rudimentary American?
thanx,
bill
thanx,
bill
can I have my ones and zeros back?
New Interesting..
I'd love a link to the memo. According to the head of the Military Post Office (link lost, sorry) military mail is supposed to have a postmark even if postage isn't required.

Furthermore, there is the [link|http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/front/la-071501florida.story?coll=la%2Dhome%2Dtodays%2Dtimes| LA Times story ]

New nope all amil was shipped via mil transpo
to the miami post office after a "lot" of mail was being held for "unknown reasons" it is stamped at a civvy PO in this case Miami which new they had to get it there in a hurry and didnt want to lose time stamping it. Miami being such a demo town and all.
thanx,
bil
can I have my ones and zeros back?
     Florida vote counting revisited. - (a6l6e6x) - (48)
         err you are confused - (boxley) - (3)
             Interesting.. - (Simon_Jester) - (2)
                 Re: Interesting.. - (jp)
                 nope all amil was shipped via mil transpo - (boxley)
         And more. - (mmoffitt) - (43)
             I love this stuff... - (bepatient) - (29)
                 Um... - (Simon_Jester) - (26)
                     Speaking of lost... - (addison) - (25)
                         Well, I will admit '96 was better than '92... - (Simon_Jester) - (24)
                             I'm still lost. - (addison) - (22)
                                 Where there was disputes back in '92? - (Simon_Jester) - (21)
                                     I don't see that as the same thing. - (addison) - (16)
                                         Okay, I'm lost now... - (Simon_Jester) - (15)
                                             Don't get eaten by a grue. - (addison) - (6)
                                                 Slow down there pilgrim... :-) - (Simon_Jester) - (5)
                                                     Re: Slow down there pilgrim... :-) - (addison) - (4)
                                                         Okay...point by point... - (Simon_Jester) - (3)
                                                             Back to the main point - (addison) - (2)
                                                                 You're right.... - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                                                                     Thanks. - (addison)
                                             Still a difference - (drewk) - (7)
                                                 the votes dont matter anyway in Florida - (boxley) - (6)
                                                     That is the real issue. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                                                         Well I like the current system sorta - (boxley) - (4)
                                                             I don't think the Justices could be impeached. - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                                                                 that is the only way you can get rid of them - (boxley)
                                                             "3 votes per" - spoken like true Alaskan. :) -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                                                 50*3+14DC!/2 :) -NT - (boxley)
                                     Re: Where there was disputes back in '92? - (Fearless Freep) - (3)
                                         Which I find interesting... - (inthane-chan) - (2)
                                             In Both - (Steve Lowe)
                                             Re: Which I find interesting... - (rsf)
                             That'd be a first! - (mmoffitt)
                 "the Dems are going to spend the next 3 years stuck in y2k" - (DonRichards)
                 Re: I love this stuff... - (a6l6e6x)
             Slightly OT Gore is coming back - (boxley) - (12)
                 Geez Bill, John Edwards is just another Clinton. - (a6l6e6x) - (11)
                     Silly question... - (Simon_Jester) - (4)
                         It was not just a question of suing. - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
                             unlimited damges is important bu not for lawyers - (boxley) - (2)
                                 Re: important for lawyers - "Progress Through Litigation". - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                     if yer gonna cap cap the contingency percentage - (boxley)
                     Silly question... - (Simon_Jester)
                     He is on the right side of privacy on the net - (boxley) - (1)
                         Re: Privacy on the net -- Yep, not all bad. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                     Why is my constitutional right - (boxley) - (2)
                         See my comment to Jester, above. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                             I'd rather look like a patient. -NT - (mmoffitt)

Dorian Gray would show wear and tear in this job.
114 ms