IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I think you'd pass
Because mostly we are looking for a total absence of knowledge on one or more items.

While I mentioned C strings - its really about basic knowledge of in place array manipulations - like can you reverse a string in place in some language like C (you can use any language you like but saying you're using Smalltalk and telling me you just send "reversed" to it will feel unsatisfying and you'll get another coding question).

I expect you could list a few classes you might need if modeling a video rental store and provide a sane explanation of polymorphism.

I also guess you could figure out how many bits you need to represent numbers that could go up to 6 million and then select an appropriate data type.

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."     --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."     --George W. Bush
New RemoveSpaces
[link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=109060|http://z.iwethey.org...?contentid=109060]
--

This guy's ahead of his time! He's using quantum programming methods: in universes where invalid data is passed to this function, it does not return. Thus you are ensured that you will only have valid data after calling it. Optimally you'd destroy the universe on failure, but computers haven't quite advanced to that level yet.

-- [link|http://thedailywtf.com/archive/2004/10/26/2920.aspx|The] Daily WTF

New I might pass at that...
And depending on what happens with my wife's pathology interviews, I may have an interest in doing so in about half a year...

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New Wife's-pathology interviews? >:-)
New Yes, she'll be a pathological expert
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New wow! goatrope her into a trip east
I'll bring my gray's anatomy and she can disallution me about all my pre-conceived ideas. My fav part of medicine, she will do well.
regards,
daemon
that way too many Iraqis conceived of free society as little more than a mosh pit with grenades. ANDISHEH NOURAEE
New That's up to her
She's been before, but wasn't too interested in returning. Something about not knowing anyone, and not having common interests.

Ben
New If you do decide to come here
lemme know as I get a nice referral bonus and kickbacks are possible.

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."     --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."     --George W. Bush
New Get yourself enough iwetheyers in your dept...
...and you'll have the next PARC.
New Imagine what PARC might have done
if they'd been entirely focused on maximizing purchase rates.

Finding decent programmers - (tuberculosis) - (56)
         well.. - (deSitter)
         Not surprising. - (admin) - (35)
             Don't agree - (tuberculosis) - (34)
                 Hire Jake - (deSitter)
                 Re: Don't agree - (admin) - (22)
                     Oh yeah - we want one scripting language - (tuberculosis) - (21)
                         Please don't ask the one about the manhole covers. :-/ - (Another Scott) - (1)
                             Otherwise known as... - (admin)
                         Shell scripting isn't the same thing at all. - (admin) - (9)
                             I said it was rhetorical - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                                 Don't you mean, "rederickal"? - (admin)
                             Admin, I'd like a copy of the CD or the ISO. -NT - (folkert) - (6)
                                 I'll throw a copy up on my site. - (admin) - (5)
                                     I wonder if that CD would be good as a VMWare image - (tonytib)
                                     When ever. Its a *NOT* short term thing. -NT - (folkert)
                                     Re: I'll throw a copy up on my site. - (admin) - (2)
                                         Interesting. - (folkert) - (1)
                                             Enjoy. -NT - (admin)
                         Potentially sparse? I don't think so... - (ben_tilly) - (6)
                             I took the ones that start with 0 into account. - (admin) - (2)
                                 I was referring to the step where you... - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                     Ah, gotcha. Good point. -NT - (admin)
                             For various values of "sparse" - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                                 Unless you have a lot of knowledge... - (ben_tilly)
                             Re: social security numbers can start with 0 - (a6l6e6x)
                         Re: Oh yeah - we want one scripting language - (ubernostrum) - (1)
                             IRLRPD. (new thread) - (Another Scott)
                 NEED to be fixed or MAY need to be fixed? - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                     MAY - (tuberculosis)
                 you dont sell fish anymore, who cares if its fresh? - (daemon)
                 Reversing words is trickier than chars - (Arkadiy) - (6)
                     read the post above yours :-) - (daemon)
                     You're missing an obvious and good solution - (tuberculosis) - (4)
                         ohhh - (Arkadiy)
                         An obvious but NOT necessarily good solution - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                             It gives the results I expect - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                                 I was assuming... - (ben_tilly)
         Well it helps if you learn to spell it - (ben_tilly) - (10)
             I think you'd pass - (tuberculosis) - (9)
                 RemoveSpaces - (Arkadiy)
                 I might pass at that... - (ben_tilly) - (7)
                     Wife's-pathology interviews? >:-) -NT - (Another Scott) - (3)
                         Yes, she'll be a pathological expert -NT - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                             wow! goatrope her into a trip east - (daemon) - (1)
                                 That's up to her - (ben_tilly)
                     If you do decide to come here - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                         Get yourself enough iwetheyers in your dept... - (FuManChu) - (1)
                             Imagine what PARC might have done - (tuberculosis)
         I can answer all those questions. - (jake123) - (3)
             When can you get here? - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                 YEAH! -NT - (deSitter)
                 Ooh yeah - IWETHEY-West, here we come! -NT - (inthane-chan)
         I could take a stab... - (Arkadiy)
         Almost contradictory requests - (tablizer) - (1)
             Not true - (broomberg)
         There seems to be a problem in CS education - (ubernostrum)

For Wade, it is to wait.
312 ms