IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Must read!
As long as the boss is happy.

From the [link|http://www.computerworld.com/departments/opinions/sharktank/0,4885,97272,00.html|Shark Tank]
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail ... but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"
New This is the sort of thing..
augmented by first-person reports here.. that reinforces my sense of massively-creeping Dumbth all across the Land. Call it bizness and blame it on the execrable ethicsless- profusion of mail-order MBA 'degrees' or ___ whatever: IQs ARE dropping!

The 'lection merely confirms this officially; youse guys n'gals have been Living the consequences and.. I can't Imagine how you keep sorta-sane while Doing That! ie

Y.P.B.

[I could Never have 'worked' under these conditions of cubicle-life, managed by the determinedly obtuse. I would. have. starved. to death. by now. Only the Luck of the draw / a different time, milieu SMA.]

moi

You Poor Bastards
New Bzzzt
IQ's aren't dropping. We're simply forcing more people to expose their dumbth. First, by too _much_ school--not allowing dropouts, so averages sink. Second, by increased reporting a la Shark Tank. Third, by moving from an industrial economy to a knowledge economy. Fourth, IQ tests are continually revised (made more difficult) in order to counter a steady *increase* in scores over the years.
New All relevant, of course. Still -
the current (manifest) near-absence of anyone capable of the occasional Wise interjection into the morass of language murder suggests -if not quite proves- a fundamental *cough* dearth, all unnoticed; that of the metaphysical progression ~

factoid --> assorted facts --> [synthesis via discrimination into] information --> | knowledge [no sound byte will define] --> || Wisdom [language itself can barely contain the notion]

| = ineffable barriers beyond our poor power to comprehend, never mind 'analyze'.
This does not mean they aren't there.

ergo: Dumbth is on the increase IMhO, and however uncertain would be stats ever to ratify:
Like our Presyudent-guy, I Know I'm Right!

:-\ufffd
     Must read! - (jbrabeck) - (3)
         This is the sort of thing.. - (Ashton) - (2)
             Bzzzt - (FuManChu) - (1)
                 All relevant, of course. Still - - (Ashton)

Hey, you sass that hoopy Ford Prefect?
37 ms