IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Programming humor
I was not sure whether to post this here or in the programming topic, but it's a [link|http://www.rinkworks.com/stupid/cs_programming.shtml|pretty good page of programming humor.]

I'm sure y'all have seen lists like these before, but there are some the likes of which I've never seen, like this:

At my previous job, we were porting a UNIX system to Windows NT using Microsoft VC++. A colleague of mine, that was in the process of porting his portion of the code, came to me, looking really upset.

* Colleague: "Hey! I hate these Microsoft guys! What a rotten compiler! It only accepts 16,384 local variables in a function!"

Also see [link|http://www.rinkworks.com/stupid|other computer inanities].
"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it."
-- Donald Knuth
New I've been there before.
It's really quite a funny collection. Large, too.

Wade.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

New Worst thing is, though...
...most of those aren't actually *jokes*, as such, are they?
   Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Knows Fucking Everything
New Percentages?
I'm sure some of them are made up or derived from urban legends. (Someone please tell me that the 16384 local variable bit was made up!) Unfortunately that still leaves a disturbingly large number that are likely to be true.
"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it."
-- Donald Knuth
New Likely to be true?
By my account I have personally seen nearly half of them in real life, either them or the moral equivalents in different languages.

What is worse is that a co-worker of mine pointed to the repeated let x = 7; construct, and said that he has seen that in production code, with a compiler bug which made it so that it mattered!

Cheers,
Ben
New ow ow ow
Personal verifications make me want to turn off my computer.
-- Donald Knuth
     Programming humor - (wharris2) - (5)
         I've been there before. - (static)
         Worst thing is, though... - (CRConrad) - (3)
             Percentages? - (wharris2) - (2)
                 Likely to be true? - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                     ow ow ow - (wharris2)