IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Why?
Local copy of the database server running...

I've done it before. Granted, it won't be guaranteed to have the SAME data, but I would think that would be implied...
-YendorMike

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
New Right
A local copy of the database and some lovingly hand crafted database synchronization code...
New Assumption
You also said:
our database is too screwed up to use any packaged framework
I would try very hard to not put something so screwed up anywhere it didn't already exist. Without seeing it, I assumed it would be easier to fix the DB issue and write a cleaner app on top than to just keep layering more cruft on top.
===

Implicitly condoning stupidity since 2001.
New Re: Assumption
I would try very hard to not put something so screwed up anywhere it didn't already exist. Without seeing it, I assumed it would be easier to fix the DB issue and write a cleaner app on top than to just keep layering more cruft on top.

We have over 350 tables. The disconnected laptop runs the full system with a few things disabled. The full system is a 700 KLOC PowerBuilder app.
     Tool Suggestions? - (johnu) - (7)
         Yendor. - (pwhysall) - (1)
             You == teh funneh -NT - (Yendor)
         You said 'disconnected' and 'database' in the same spec - (drewk) - (4)
             Why? - (Yendor) - (3)
                 Right - (johnu) - (2)
                     Assumption - (drewk) - (1)
                         Re: Assumption - (johnu)

I learned much knowledge from this post.
49 ms