IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Textbook: "Affirmation of the consequent".
Had to bookmark that page.

Nope, Charles Colsen is a True Believer, one of the few who walked out of Watergate actually transformed in character. In the Nixon White House, I believe he was known as the hatchet man - you needed to get something done, he did it. (I read his book when I was much younger.)

I read the first half of this particular article with some interest - actually wanted to see where it was going - and ran into the trainwreck as it started munching logic right and left.
"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it."
-- Donald Knuth
Expand Edited by wharris2 Nov. 12, 2001, 08:18:52 PM EST
New Colsen.
I'd suppose that he indeed experienced an epiphany. Not a common - but hardly either a rare experience. But filling in that momentarily tabla rasa with BornAgain Christian rhetoric suggests no more than, a highly suggestible mind - in a panic for a comfortable replacement for a formerly banal but profitable habit. Maybe he only had a -phany; not much epi- ?

Perhaps if he had found Cthulhu.. :-)

(Oh well.. could have been worse: imagine his talents as acolyte to Billy n Bally? Windoze XP-OrElse)

A.

New It was a curious article.
And one I wish he hadn't written. The comparison with XP is probably more than a bit unfortunate. Also, I know evolutionists are rather tired of the argument he used.

Nevertheless, his heart is in the right place, as the saying goes, but the means this time were somewhat lacking.

Wade.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

Bad religious thinking - (JayMehaffey) - (4)
         Textbook: "Affirmation of the consequent". - (Ashton) - (3)
             Re: Textbook: "Affirmation of the consequent". - (wharris2) - (2)
                 Colsen. - (Ashton)
                 It was a curious article. - (static)

The names have been changed to protect the innocent.
80 ms