IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Is 'Astroturf' yet a [\ufffd] ? IT == Biz + Politics in drag.
re SCO ploy.

Is this fucking country self-destructing on All Levels at once?
WTF movie was that, opened with guy yelling, ~ Hey, Rich People -- Wake Up! ...

What a typical, unimaginitive response by "a failing bizness" -- evidently from the tedious filtered mind of YAN '00s wet-behind-ears MBA.

So many of these now.. clogging the arteries of the body politic. All identically lusting after The BMW, The corner office, The Armani, for minimal authentic 'work'. Laughable - your example. If 'the press' scorns your efforts - start your own press; someone as lazy as you are: might read just yours, and stop. Shades of IWElectric's outsourced soon-to-be dead-Forum, way back when. Looosers all.

It must be utterly disheartening to anyone with a functioning, inquisitive mind.. to be entirely constrained by the suited-mind; to be daily micro-managed! by a techno-cretin, even on down to one's choice of tools. As in Box's ~ little excerpt [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=179199| here].
[Oh.. make that: Biz, Politics, Lawyers: the 3 Horsemen of Dumbth-creation via Patenting absolutely Everything not-Dumb]

Y.P.B.

(I think that orchestra musicians, all of whom have spent a lifetime learning to master a difficult instrument - and subject to more competition and job insecurity than any IT-flavo(u)r - may feel similarly re say, leasing a transistorized tone generator + operator and some Britney Pears 'lyrics' and making a real musician's lifetime-income in a few months - peddling copycat pabulum, packaged like Tic Tacs\ufffd.)

Same thing is happening to EEs, other engineers, reflecting an obvious Overall Outsourcing mania. we so love simplistic -- which now extends right down to the underpinnings: the ability to sustain creative people, as are ever the source of all those -much later- inspirations for the standard MORE-obsessed. What other 'source' is there, for the peddlers of some next New stuff for that insatiable maw of the New-stuff-collectors?
Rent-back outsourced Imagination too?

Golden Goose? I think.. we just may have managed to dissect that with dull knives, incinerate the organs and blow away the ashes. In less than one generation.

We're fucking Pathetic; Shrub is merely the most glaring, personalized symptom of just How Pathetic.
New "On the internet, nobody knows you're SCO^h^h^ha dog..."
All I want for my birthday is a new President!
New "On the internet, nobody knows you're SCO's dog..."
--

... a reference to Presidente Arbusto.
-- [link|http://itre.cis.upenn.edu/~myl/languagelog/archives/001417.html|Geoffrey K. Pullum]
     Only place I could think of to put it: - (folkert) - (4)
         Is 'Astroturf' yet a [\ufffd] ? IT == Biz + Politics in drag. - (Ashton) - (2)
             "On the internet, nobody knows you're SCO^h^h^ha dog..." -NT - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                 "On the internet, nobody knows you're SCO's dog..." -NT - (Arkadiy)
         But www.scofflaw.com is taken -NT - (altmann)

Cococabanana Blaps - It's not just for breakfast anymore!
64 ms