IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New College Days.
I had this '71 VW Bug in college. I had bumper stickers all over it: "US out of Central America", "Reaganism is the Opiate of the People", "End The Pentagon Republic of Honduras", "CIA out of El Salvador", etc. The consequence, of course - in rural North Carolina, was that my car was frequently vandalized. Perhaps my favorite sticker was, "The Left Shall Rise Again".

I'm a lot more cynical now, do you think the Left will ever return to this country? I mean, assuming no revolutions. I don't see how. I've taught a couple of college classes and if my anecdotal experience w/the current crop is any indication, I don't think Murican college students can/will think about anything but getting a "good corporate job, like maybe at McDonalds."
New Thou sayest..
When the mere idea of 'liberal' becomes an epithet --> implying that some imaginary opposite is Real Good: never reconsider past mistakes, but enshrine them in glass-under-Flag meringue - what does one call that opposite? The word reactionary appears also to have become hors de combat. When last did you hear anyone use (or try to define) a word for That mindset?

Nahh.. the language has become so corrupt, epitomized by any utterance from any M$ rep - it's simply impossible to engage in anything like meaningful discourse. Debate? Hah.. how many decades ago was it since 'debating' was a part of every high school curriculum? If you don't know how to argue, or why most all pat-slogans are ~Stuart Chase style 'blab' - what have you left but some pewling rote-learned ideology? Screw up language (Encarta-style + habitual misuse) and what have you left?

I don't expect to see a 'Left' rise in foreseeable - unless Ashcroft's next few Dictats finally are so blatant as to awaken even the sleepiest (?) Crap shoot there. It would have to be pretty Extreme; perhaps.. affecting seats at the ballpark.

The Big Lie (in Murica anyone can 'make it' - we be a Meritocracy) works. Via this ceaseless mantra interspersed with endless ads exhorting ever More consumption, it's just plain too noisy to think. Most workers are too stressed by meaningless Corp paperwork job-lets, both working, to have much inclination to examine their milieu - let alone coalesce into effective groups. That was over in '70s, and after the assassinations.

Not an environment to catalyze much deeper thought than, what color seats in the UAV and, how'd the Giants do? Perhaps the model-makers are right: Murican politics is just a mechanical pendulum swinging from one inane extreme to and fro (with a recent arrest of motion to redefine the center as umm 'Librul') ?

A.
New wadja expect fscking heathen (a dale stcker forgives all)
tshirt front "born to die before I get old"
thshirt back "fscked another one didnja?"
     Fortunately.. not much has happened 'next' except: - (Ashton) - (11)
         Sowing and weeping-- - (Ric Locke) - (10)
             You can do better than that - (Ashton) - (5)
                 College Days. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                     Thou sayest.. - (Ashton)
                     wadja expect fscking heathen (a dale stcker forgives all) -NT - (boxley)
                 Sorry 'bout the spew - (Ric Locke) - (1)
                     We seem to agree that the language is fscked. - (Ashton)
             It must be pleasant to live in a world of absolutes - (Silverlock) - (3)
                 Yeah, it's pretty nifty. - (marlowe) - (2)
                     "Be careful what you wish for" ... - (CRConrad) - (1)
                         Admin: hideous human torture advocated here << -NT - (Ashton)

It's like watching someone try to explain quantum physics to a goat.
48 ms