IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Got my eye on a used $99 Handspring Visor Deluxe
[link|http://www.computergeeks.com|Computer Geeks] has a used green Visor Deluxe for $99. If I get to keep my job in December, I may buy one. Anything to look out for on the Visor Deluxe? it has 8M of RAM and a Springboard slot. Anyone use one yet?

Picking up the pieces of my broken life.
New Thats what I have.
...except mine's not green.

Only issue is battery life...since it doesn't recharge like some of the others...and AvantGo can make for long syncs...(which will be why I stop using it I think...it is my continuing debate)

For this former user of very large Franklin Covey dayplanner books...I love it.

You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Won't seem that bad
I used to have an NEC MobilePro 400, a Windows CE device that ate AA batteries every few hours. All I did was use rechargeable batteries and kept 2 or 3 sets around recharging.

New Try Energizer Lithiums
model # L91 for the AA variety.

They're what I use in my MP2100. I get 3-4 months of use instead of the 3-4 weeks I got with alkaline. As an added bonus, they weigh less too.

Darrell Spice, Jr.

[link|http://home.houston.rr.com/spiceware/|SpiceWare] - We don't do Windows, it's too much of a chore

New Love mine
It's even green :-)

I've not had an issue with battery life, but then I don't use AvantGo either.

I've had it about 18 months now, and I'll never go back to a paper system.
-----
Steve
New dunno got a day planner in 1994 an still use it. The days
are off but the dates stay correct.
thasnx,
bill
tshirt front "born to die before I get old"
thshirt back "fscked another one didnja?"
New Don't they sell refills for those things?
Something like $3 to $5 for a paper refill for a day planner in a metal ring binder?

I forget, but every X years the position of the days repeats and starts over again. I was thinking of every 26 years or something like that, but I am unsure of the range. Get a planner from the 1970's and it may be in the same position as the current year. :)

I got an old Timex DataLink watch (TDL100), and a Royal Data Link PDA organizer. It needs Windows 95 or 98 to synch, without needing the laptop adapter. The Royal is out of batteries, but the watch works great.

New 28 year cycle.
That is the LCM of 7 (days in a week) and 4 (leap year frequency). Adjusting years back by 28 was a technique offered for handling some Y2K problems.

Wade.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

New Too late, it is gone! :(
But maybe I can get that Playstation 2 for Christmas, provided I can keep my job or get another one.

New CompUSA. (err sorry Direct Purchase)
Handspring is selling new ones for just a tad over $100 I think.

$129 with free shipping to be exact.

I saw something that I thought was a C-USA ad that was advertising them for 99 with a module of some sort tossed in...but couldn't find it again.
You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
Expand Edited by bepatient Nov. 17, 2001, 05:02:39 PM EST
New Thanks, but I have to wait
as I just got back to work and haven't been paid much. I'd use a credit card, but my wife wants me to stop using them until I know for sure that I have a solid job I'll be working at indefinately.

The M100/M105 have been a tad over $100 but I am not sure if they have the Outlook integration and other features I am looking for.

Or I might wait until next year when the prices drop again and new features come out.

Got my eye on a used $99 Handspring Visor Deluxe - (orion) - (10)
         Thats what I have. - (bepatient) - (2)
             Won't seem that bad - (orion) - (1)
                 Try Energizer Lithiums - (SpiceWare)
         Love mine - (Steve Lowe)
         dunno got a day planner in 1994 an still use it. The days - (boxley) - (2)
             Don't they sell refills for those things? - (orion) - (1)
                 28 year cycle. - (static)
         Too late, it is gone! :( - (orion) - (2)
             CompUSA. (err sorry Direct Purchase) - (bepatient) - (1)
                 Thanks, but I have to wait - (orion)