IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New DVDexpress? Hiding partitions from 2000?
Well, I found a workaround for Win98/DOS diskettes not booting. The Windows 2000 CD would boot, so I've installed it. I've done the SP2 so that I can put back bootmanager(2000 corrupts it), and have downloaded all the drivers off IBMs site for the T22.

Ran into a problem with DVDexpress though. The driver is an UPGRADE only driver. I chose to format the drive when installing 2000 because I've seen enough "upgrade" problems to not want to do that. I checked out the contents of the recover partition, but it looks like it's a "drive dump" as I cannot find individual items to install out of it.

The other "problem" I have is that Win2000 shows drive letters for my OS/2 partitions. Is there a way to hide them from Win2000?

Darrell Spice, Jr.

[link|http://home.houston.rr.com/spiceware/|SpiceWare] - We don't do Windows, it's too much of a chore

New DVDexpress solved
Old Thinkpad had nice installation disks, so installed DVDexpress off it and then did the upgrade.

Darrell Spice, Jr.

[link|http://home.houston.rr.com/spiceware/|SpiceWare] - We don't do Windows, it's too much of a chore

New Re: DVDexpress? Hiding partitions from 2000?
I don't know if you've received an answer yet on hidng your OS/2 drives from Windows 2000 but FYI:

Goto "Administration Tools" ---> "Computer Management" ...
From there you can very easily "hide" your drives from 2000 ...

IMHO in this one case Microsoft has actually done something right ...
Also, just as an aside ... Should you ever have the need to make the boot manager partition "active" (most flavors of windows seem to take a preverse pleasure in disabling the boot manager) all you need is a DOS boot disk with FDISK ...

I only mention this because from what I've seen many people think you need to boot from the OS/2 utility disks or the installation disks and that's not necessary ... and as we know booting from the OS/2 disks take a whole lot longer than just using a typical DOS boot disk ...

Anyway, hope this helps in some small way ...

Gregory L. Marx
gregory.marx@verizon.net
Computers are like air-conditioners ...
Opening windows defeats their purpose ...
New Thanx
Somebody mentioned it a while back, don't recall if it was here or another newsgroup.

I ended up ordering the Recovery CD from IBM for my laptop and going back to 98se. I have a USB scanner that I use every week that does not work under 2000. I scan my parents bills which I then email to them in Mexico. Mom pays them electronically.

Yep, I've always used fdisk under windows to reset bootmanager after redoing a win install(happens far to frequently for how little I boot the windows partition). 2000 goes a step further than just deactiving bootmanager, every time 2000 boots it overwrites the bootmanager partition.

Darrell Spice, Jr.

DVDexpress? Hiding partitions from 2000? - (SpiceWare) - (3)
         DVDexpress solved - (SpiceWare)
         Re: DVDexpress? Hiding partitions from 2000? - (skidmarx) - (1)
             Thanx - (SpiceWare)

Hell Carnate.
37 ms