IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Why should I
back off? What did I say that was offensive? I'm not Ross, and you're projecting him on to me is not my problem.

Those things don't mean you're free. If you think they do mean you're free, then you don't understand the concept of freedom.

If you don't like it, filter me. It still doesn't make your complacency about this any less dangerous.
--\n-------------------------------------------------------------------\n* Jack Troughton                            jake at consultron.ca *\n* [link|http://consultron.ca|http://consultron.ca]                   [link|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca] *\n* Kingston Ontario Canada               [link|news://news.consultron.ca|news://news.consultron.ca] *\n-------------------------------------------------------------------
New Oh man, it didn't even MAKE it to FQ.... (sigh)
And now I lost the stupid post.... so it won't.

I'm sorry everyone, just please let me alone for a little while ok?

Nightowl >8#

"It's not where a person stands in time of comfort and security, but rather where they stand in times of strife and controversy that determine true friends."
(Quote sent to me by a true friend, author unknown).
Expand Edited by Nightowl Sept. 22, 2004, 12:18:51 PM EDT
Expand Edited by Nightowl Sept. 22, 2004, 12:25:34 PM EDT
New You know what?
I have bad days and even bad weeks all the time.

It's called Life.

However, I'm mature, so I don't take it out on those around me.

My opinion of you has just dropped a LOT in the last hour.
--\n-------------------------------------------------------------------\n* Jack Troughton                            jake at consultron.ca *\n* [link|http://consultron.ca|http://consultron.ca]                   [link|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca] *\n* Kingston Ontario Canada               [link|news://news.consultron.ca|news://news.consultron.ca] *\n-------------------------------------------------------------------
New Re: You know what?
If your opinion drops of me because I, like anyone else, CAN be pushed to a limit where I want to scream, or where I vent in the FQ (I thought I had)... not at anyone in particular... note it said EVERYONE, I'm sorry, but I'm just human, and even I can only take so much.

Nightowl >8#

Edit: Sorry, I thought I vented in the FQ. My bad.

"It's not where a person stands in time of comfort and security, but rather where they stand in times of strife and controversy that determine true friends."
Expand Edited by Nightowl Sept. 22, 2004, 12:10:21 PM EDT
Expand Edited by Nightowl Sept. 22, 2004, 12:27:37 PM EDT
New I'm mature too
But I'm also human, and all humans have a breaking point.

I'm sorry Jake.

Nightowl >8#

New You're warning me what?
Seriously, what are you warning me about?

I've had the mother of all bad summers. Do you see me taking it out on people here?

No, you don't.

Peter
[link|http://www.debian.org|Shill For Hire]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Blog]
New I'm not taking it out on anyone
Or at least I'm trying not to, which is why I (THOUGHT I) went into FQ and addressed the whole board.

Edit: Crap, I THOUGHT I was in FQ. I still haven't gotten this jump thing right.

I know you all have some consideration for people when they are going through stuff, and I needed to vent, so I do it in FQ, I was hoping you might all give me the same consideration you give one another when maybe someone is being pushed too far...

I'm sorry if it looks like I'm trying to take it out on someone. I'm simply trying NOT to do that to any one person....which was why I vented in FQ.

Nightowl >8#

Edit: Corrected which forum I thought I was posting in

Expand Edited by Nightowl Sept. 22, 2004, 12:12:14 PM EDT
Expand Edited by Nightowl Sept. 22, 2004, 12:21:55 PM EDT
Expand Edited by Nightowl Sept. 22, 2004, 12:28:45 PM EDT
New Peter's right
I'd be willing to make a large bet that he's been going through far more heavy stuff lately than you have.

Cheers,
Ben
About the use of language: it is impossible to sharpen a pencil with a blunt axe. It is equally vain to try to do it with ten blunt axes instead. -- Edsger W. Dijkstra
New Re: Why should I
back off? What did I say that was offensive? I'm not Ross, and you're projecting him on to me is not my problem.

I'm not trying to do that, I'm just very tense and uptight right now. As to what you said was offensive, I was offended that you all won't drop it with me. I define the original freedom as what the pilgrims came for, and those things I have. As for other freedoms, freedom from government control, freedom of privacy, etc etc, those are entirely different to me than the original Freedom. I said I didn't want to revisit it, yet you keep hammering me with it. And I don't think that's fair.

Those things don't mean you're free. If you think they do mean you're free, then you don't understand the concept of freedom.

I told you, I understand it to be what the pilgrims came for. Historical freedom, if you will.

If you don't like it, filter me. It still doesn't make your complacency about this any less dangerous.

And it offended me that you call me complacent, when I'm anything but.

Edit: I looked up the word complacent, it means unconcerned, which I'm not, it means not worried, which I'm definitely not, it means satisfied, which I'm not, and it means eager to go along with or please someone, which is something I rarely do, just go along with something to please someone.

I'm sorry I'm losing it in here, but I'm not coping with this conversation right now... and that's the whole problem, I'm not up for coping with it.

And I don't know why I'm so bad for venting in FQ,(where I thought was), about my week. Others do it, others talk about bad things, I just lost it and did. So what, why would that make me different from anyone else? Sometimes you all are PROUD of the people who flame in FQ. I know it's wrong, and I'm sorry, but as I said, I'm human.

So that's how you offended me ok?

Nightowl >8#

Edit: cleaned up spelling, added definition, and corrected location of post.

Expand Edited by Nightowl Sept. 22, 2004, 03:38:15 PM EDT
New Original Freedom
In the North, the original Freedom was centered around Religious practices. In the South, it was centered around Economic practices - which for some reason always gets left out of discussions about freedom - showing how little economic freedom we have left.
     For Owl - (pwhysall) - (36)
         Not going there again - (Nightowl) - (14)
             Do you know why people are pointing this out - (jake123) - (13)
                 Give me a break - (Nightowl) - (12)
                     Why should I - (jake123) - (9)
                         Oh man, it didn't even MAKE it to FQ.... (sigh) - (Nightowl) - (6)
                             You know what? - (jake123) - (2)
                                 Re: You know what? - (Nightowl)
                                 I'm mature too - (Nightowl)
                             You're warning me what? - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                 I'm not taking it out on anyone - (Nightowl)
                                 Peter's right - (ben_tilly)
                         Re: Why should I - (Nightowl) - (1)
                             Original Freedom - (ChrisR)
                     It's not just about physical freedom - (pwhysall) - (1)
                         Final word - (Nightowl)
         Note...they're not asking for your license #. - (bepatient) - (16)
             It's about freedom of movement. - (pwhysall) - (13)
                 Walk, drive, hitchhike, take the bus, pay cash. - (bepatient) - (12)
                     What's substantively different between a bus and a plane? - (pwhysall) - (11)
                         Actually thought of that when I posted. - (bepatient)
                         One difference: You can't take a bus from London to Dulles.. -NT - (jb4) - (6)
                             You can, however take one from London to Paris. - (pwhysall) - (5)
                                 The French aren't playing CAPPSLite. Next question....? -NT - (jb4) - (4)
                                     No...but they do have the Carte D'Identite! - (bepatient) - (3)
                                         I don't want one of THOSE, either. - (pwhysall)
                                         So, should I answer: - (jb4) - (1)
                                             :-) Big-a**ed grin :-)))) -NT - (bepatient)
                         The bus is more comfortable. - (Silverlock) - (2)
                             Trains much more comfortable than buses. - (ChrisR) - (1)
                                 Well, yes. - (Silverlock)
             Backwards statement... - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                 Where does it say they can't? - (bepatient)
         This whole thread - (Nightowl) - (2)
             Suggestion - (ChrisR) - (1)
                 Thanks - (Nightowl)
         Freedom is relative - (orion)

CRC error. Reload.
86 ms