IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Famous ex.
NY TIMES: [link|http://www.nytimes.com/2004/09/19/business/yourmoney/19gator.html|
Barbarians at the Digital Gate]:
KARSTEN M. SELF, who oversees a children's computer lab at a youth center in Napa, Calif., spends about a half-hour each morning electronically scanning 10 PC's. He is searching for files and traces of code that threaten to hijack the computers by silently monitoring the children's online activities or by plastering their screens with dizzying - and nearly unstoppable - onslaughts of pop-up advertisements.

To safeguard the children's computers, Mr. Self has installed a battery of protective software products and new Web browsers. That has kept some - but by no means all - of the youth center's digital intruders at bay. "You would expect that you could use these systems in a safe and sane way, but the fact of the matter is that you can't unless you have a fair amount of knowledge, time to fix the problems and paranoia," he said.

The parasitic files that have beset Mr. Self and other frustrated computer users are known, in tech argot, as spyware and adware. The rapid proliferation of such programs has brought Internet use to a stark crossroads, as many consumers now see the Web as a battlefield strewn with land mines.
[edit] lengthened quote.

Rest of article talks about spyware.
Alex

"If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words." -- Philip K. Dick, US science fiction writer
Expand Edited by a6l6e6x Sept. 19, 2004, 01:49:11 PM EDT
New Go Karsten!
Remove that malware if you find it.

"When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in confederacy against him." - Jonathan Swift

[link|http://www.xormad.com:4096/district268|I am from District 268].
New -smile-. Nice to see.
Two out of three people wonder where the other one is.
New since the usual and bugmenot didnt work, can you reply to
yourself and cutnpaste more?
thanx,
bill
These miserable swine, having nothing but illusions to live on, marshmallows for the soul in place of good meat, will now stoop to any disgusting level to prevent even those miserable morsels from vanishing into thin air. The country is being destroyed by these stupid, vicious right-wing fanatics, the spiritual brothers of the brownshirts and redstars, collectivists and authoritarians all, who would not know freedom if it bit them on the ass, who spend all their time trying to stamp, bludgeon, and eviscerate the very idea of the individual's right to his own private world. DRL
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Here is one that works
UserID: iwethey0
Password: lrpdrules

Enjoy!

"When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in confederacy against him." - Jonathan Swift

New Damn, I miss the guy.
New Small world or great minds think alike
on Thu, Sep 16, 2004 at 03:36:43PM -0500, Brabeck, Joe R - Eagan, MN - Contractor (joe dot r dot brabeck at usps.gov) wrote:
> Karsten,
>
> It's been almost a year since you left IWETHEY. You've been missed.
> I'd like you to end your exile and please return to the group.
> Whether you return or not, I hope the past year has been good to you,
> that you are still in good health, employed, and have no regrets.

Thanks, but no.
What's done is done. What's revealed about character cannot be undone.
Oh, and life's miserable.

Peace.
--
Karsten M. Self
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail ... but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"
New {sigh} Right-eous-ness Kills.
Always seems to leave a bitter taste in all who unleash it.. after all participants are bitten on ass by it. (like battlefield gasses in the \ufffdther?)
New Ah yes, I miss his responses to my posts
I wish him the best of luck.

Famous ex. - (a6l6e6x) - (8)
         Go Karsten! - (orion)
         -smile-. Nice to see. -NT - (Meerkat)
         since the usual and bugmenot didnt work, can you reply to - (boxley) - (1)
             Here is one that works - (orion)
         Damn, I miss the guy. -NT - (inthane-chan) - (3)
             Small world or great minds think alike - (jbrabeck) - (2)
                 {sigh} Right-eous-ness Kills. - (Ashton) - (1)
                     Ah yes, I miss his responses to my posts - (orion)

LOOP WAS VECTORIZED.
59 ms