IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New He is sorta right.
He is sorta right, open source would not be the force it is without the huge cloud of evil floating over Redmond.

Jay
New Ha! :-)
New Bollocks
Software was distributed in source format long before compiled binaries were the norm. There's a reason every Unix shipped with a C compiler you know.

This practice predates PCs by some years.

Open Source (tm) merely tries to codify enforce the tradition of sharing and cooperation via legal means.

Perhaps more apocryphal - Open Source (tm) seeks to prevent what Bill did for his first BASIC interpreter - which was take a public domain implementation, clean it up a bit, and sell it as his own work.

IOW, Open Source has had Bill's personal number for some time.
New Re: Bollocks
Notice I didn't say that MS caused open source, rather it turned what was a small group of people into an major movement. A large percentage of the people using Linux at home today did not go with Linux because it's Unix or because it works better. They went to Linux because it's not MS, they went with Open Source because it is the opposite of the practices of MS.

The Open Source movement may have succeeded without MS, but MS certainly had a hand in driving people to it.

Jay
New Like everything else - they only popularized it.
Microsoft never invented anything in their lives.
     Bill Gates: "I invented open source" - (Silverlock) - (19)
         He is sorta right. - (JayMehaffey) - (4)
             Ha! :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
             Bollocks - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                 Re: Bollocks - (JayMehaffey) - (1)
                     Like everything else - they only popularized it. - (tuberculosis)
         That is so Clintonesque. - (marlowe) - (10)
             But - (JayMehaffey) - (1)
                 Which in turn would be: Russian! - (Ashton)
             If all you have is a hammer, EVERYTHING looks like a nail... -NT - (jb4) - (7)
                 OT: If you're AMD and have a Hammer, it's... - (CRConrad) - (6)
                     Re: OT: If you're AMD and have a Hammer, it's... - (jb4) - (5)
                         Don't know, but I can guess. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                             Wouldn't THAT be cool! -NT - (jb4)
                             What AMD Needs - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                 What Michael Dell Needs - (Ashton) - (1)
                                     My! Aren't we the potty-mouth today! - (jb4)
         Wasn't that an excerpt from his Deposition? >-\ufffd -NT - (jb4)
         It's a beautiful piece. - (Another Scott) - (1)
             Reminds me of the poor rummy on corner of Turk & Taylor - (Ashton)

As seen on TV!
81 ms