IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Itzhak Perlman conducts the Detroit Symphony Orchestra
He played for Vivaldi's Autumn and Winter, and conducted Tchaikovsky's Serenade for Strings. Also Borodin's (?) Symphony in B Flat (the one he merged with the opera about Prince Igor), but we left during the intermission as we had our son with. He was mainly interested in seeing Perlman and got fidgety during the Tchaikovsky (well, so did I a little during the elegy, but the waltz is excellent :-).

Perlman is not to be missed. See him live before the man dies or can no longer get out on the stage.
Regards,

-scott anderson
New Already done -- saw him with Phil Orch at SPAC in 1992
New Lucky lucky..
I'll have to watch for SF dates. Have seen him on (mostly) PBS through the years. Like Stern, and maybe most of the Masters - he has a great heart, along with the instrument virtuosity.

Good reminder, alas he won't be here forever. Either. As with Jacqueline du Pr\ufffd.. the cellist who left us even earlier-along, possibly similar disease. Quien sabe..

Cheers,

Ashton
     Itzhak Perlman conducts the Detroit Symphony Orchestra - (admin) - (2)
         Already done -- saw him with Phil Orch at SPAC in 1992 -NT - (tonytib)
         Lucky lucky.. - (Ashton)

It so happens I'm half Chinese, half Cajun. There probably isn't an animal that creeps through the forest of swims in the water that's safe from me.
54 ms