IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New You knew this was coming
President Ahnold?

[link|http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2002036961_amendment16.html|http://seattletimes...._amendment16.html]

WASHINGTON \ufffd Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, an Orange County, Calif., Republican and longtime friend of Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, introduced a constitutional amendment yesterday to allow foreign-born Americans who have been citizens for 20 years to run for president.

Schwarzenegger, who became a citizen in 1983, conveniently makes that cutoff. Now there are proposals by Republicans in both the GOP-controlled U.S. House and Senate, which could make the phrase "President Schwarzenegger" more of a possibility, if still a long shot.

That was lovely cheese.

--Wallace, The Wrong Trousers
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 12:41:34 PM EDT
New Please not another Austrian corporal
-drl
New Ya know....
I'm tempted to vote a straight Republican line this year. I figure this whole shitbag system will collapse all the faster if we keep the neocons in power for the next handful of years. I say "handful" because I don't think under their leadership it will take longer than that.
bcnu,
Mikem

"The struggle for the emancipation of the working class is not between races or religions. It is one of class against class. Every trace of anti-Semitism, or any form of race hatred cannot assist the oppressed, it can on the contrary only aid the exploiters. Workers of all nationality, religion or creed must stand together against the common enemy: capitalism."
-Ted Grant
New Just when you though it couldn't get any worse.....
New I dunno
I'm thinking that if the neoCons win this election, it will likely be our last (at least, under our Constitution as we know it today).
jb4
shrub\ufffdbish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

New Xactly.
And I'd be hoping for a genuine revolution at that point. More akin to Shays' Rebellion than our first, only successful this time. ;-)
bcnu,
Mikem

"The struggle for the emancipation of the working class is not between races or religions. It is one of class against class. Every trace of anti-Semitism, or any form of race hatred cannot assist the oppressed, it can on the contrary only aid the exploiters. Workers of all nationality, religion or creed must stand together against the common enemy: capitalism."
-Ted Grant
New Just about.. goes without saying.
     You knew this was coming - (tuberculosis) - (6)
         Please not another Austrian corporal -NT - (deSitter)
         Ya know.... - (mmoffitt) - (4)
             Just when you though it couldn't get any worse..... -NT - (ChrisR)
             I dunno - (jb4) - (2)
                 Xactly. - (mmoffitt)
                 Just about.. goes without saying. -NT - (Ashton)