IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Fujifilm may be morphing
Not knowing the internal structure of Fuji Co, this may/may not affect Fujifilm, but Fuji has become a major player in digital medical imaging. As that was the largest consumer of photographic film, they may have found a lifeline. Even if they disappear off the store shelves, medical imaging is a rapidly evolving area, so there should be plenty for them to do now and in the future.
New Didn't know that. Interesting.
It does explain why "everyone knows" Kodak is limping but Fujifilm isn't mentioned.

Actually, it looks like Fuji is snuggling up to Nikon and finding holes in the same markets to fit into. Nikon has been in medical imaging for decades, for instance. And Fuji had two digital SLR cameras in the "pro-sumer" range using Nikon bodies (F60 => S1pro, F80 => S2pro) years before Nikon got there with the D100.

Incidentally, Kodak is about to close a film-making plant in Australia. Their plight is hitting mainstream.

Wade.

Is it enough to love
Is it enough to breathe
Somebody rip my heart out
And leave me here to bleed

Is it enough to die
Somebody save my life
I'd rather be Anything but Ordinary
Please

-- "Anything but Ordinary" by Avril Lavigne.

Kodak sues Sun over aspects of Java - (bluke) - (12)
         Yet another company with a rapidly shrinking... - (folkert) - (11)
             Agreed. - (jb4) - (10)
                 I don't see "writing Java" as a sign of intelligence - (ben_tilly) - (9)
                     But how would >they< know? - (hnick) - (8)
                         (Talkin 'bout Kodak or bizness in general, here?) -NT - (Ashton) - (7)
                             I was thinking Kodak in particular,but seems to be a trend - (hnick) - (6)
                                 Eastman Kodak is in trouble. - (static) - (5)
                                     So is Sun - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                                         Didn't I just point that out above? :-P -NT - (ben_tilly)
                                     Fujifilm may be morphing - (scoenye) - (1)
                                         Didn't know that. Interesting. - (static)
                                     Case in point - (FuManChu)

Resistance is useless. You will assimilate us.
63 ms