IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yes the air bag kept the injuries down
I did also wear a seat belt. Some people in the other car did not wear a seat belt, I am told, and one of them broke a foot or ankle. Other than that, just minor damages.

My head went through the driver's front door window, and the seat belt tried to hold and wrapped tightly against my neck. They thought I might have had wiplash because of that. The driver's front door window was shattered, and my glasses kept sharp shards of glass out of my eyes, and the second hit knocked my glasses off my face and into the street. I wasn't throwing up, so they don't think I had a concussion. Some people here call me thick-headed, and I guess the fact my head went through a window and suffered no injuries is proof of that. :)

I got pictures, took some with a crappy digital camera with poor resolution, and a 35MM and Advantix I haven't had developed yet. The pictures show skid-marks on my side of the road, and the other car must have crossed over the line to hit me. The Police did not record the skid-marks. If I get a chance, I'll publish them to a web page. Right now I am more concerned about getting rest, my Uncle James' Funeral, and my wife's breast biopsy today. Plus I got like 12 chapters to read for college, I can't quit on that either.

"When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in confederacy against him." - Jonathan Swift

[link|http://www.xormad.com:4096/district268|I am from District 268].
New Glad that you're ok,
Bruised, battered, and shaken, but still around.

Condolenses on your uncle.

Good luck/best wishes on biopsy.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail ... but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"
New Good.
You seem to be in pretty good shape, all things considered...

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

New Good planning
From your description of 'the angles' - had you not been wearing that belt, you might well have joined a long obituary column of folks who find belts "too much trouble' .. and who then slide out from the airbag's cushion and on into F=MA demolition.

Enjoy the soreness.. it strongly suggests that you're Still Alive. :-\ufffd

(or.. that we've all shifted into a || Universe, when the previous one abruptly went home to Mommy, because we were playing too roughly and baffled her with BS.)
     I was in a car crash yesterday - (orion) - (7)
         the police report will note the other drivers name and - (boxley) - (1)
             Thanks Box - (orion)
         I'm assuming the air bag helped keep injuries down - (ChrisR) - (4)
             Yes the air bag kept the injuries down - (orion) - (3)
                 Glad that you're ok, - (jbrabeck)
                 Good. - (imric)
                 Good planning - (Ashton)

Damn! Bloody %^@&^@ anal-retentive Geo Booleishness!
43 ms