IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New In a nutshell
Thanks for the link.
The callback model can get a bit hairy when you have to code logic that can result in totally different content being returned. For example, if you have a system that processes some form input and takes the user to different pages depending on the data submitted. In these situations, it's easy to end up coding a spaghetti of includes and redirects, or putting what are really multiple pages in the same file.

This is pretty much what I've stepped into. I need to take one of our web sites apart and put it back together again for the next version. I'm trying to decide how best to do that. I think for now I'm going to stick with Perl and Mason, but I want to understand other approaches and learn what I can from them.
Have fun,
Carl Forde
New Dumb question regarding mentioned spag code
If I am designing a web object(I dont do this as a rule) and I have many links on a single page which may lead to multiple changing sources. Would it not be easier to have the page serve links to a table which then can be updated as needed as opposed to spaggetti coding links into the web page? This way you would need to modify the page unless adding something new.
thanx,
bill
These miserable swine, having nothing but illusions to live on, marshmallows for the soul in place of good meat, will now stoop to any disgusting level to prevent even those miserable morsels from vanishing into thin air. The country is being destroyed by these stupid, vicious right-wing fanatics, the spiritual brothers of the brownshirts and redstars, collectivists and authoritarians all, who would not know freedom if it bit them on the ass, who spend all their time trying to stamp, bludgeon, and eviscerate the very idea of the individual's right to his own private world. DRL
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Re: question regarding mentioned spag code
I must admit that I haven't designed very many web objects either. And I'm unclear what you're really asking. Are you suggesting externalizing the links and targets in a database and generating the page with them dynamically? On the face of it, I'd say that makes sense. Or are have I misunderstood what you're asking?
Have fun,
Carl Forde
New thats what I was after, thanx
These miserable swine, having nothing but illusions to live on, marshmallows for the soul in place of good meat, will now stoop to any disgusting level to prevent even those miserable morsels from vanishing into thin air. The country is being destroyed by these stupid, vicious right-wing fanatics, the spiritual brothers of the brownshirts and redstars, collectivists and authoritarians all, who would not know freedom if it bit them on the ass, who spend all their time trying to stamp, bludgeon, and eviscerate the very idea of the individual's right to his own private world. DRL
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
     Ruby on Rails - (cforde) - (8)
         Not I - (ben_tilly) - (7)
             Thanks for the link - (FuManChu) - (2)
                 Maybe we should share. - (static) - (1)
                     Not ready for perusal - (FuManChu)
             In a nutshell - (cforde) - (3)
                 Dumb question regarding mentioned spag code - (boxley) - (2)
                     Re: question regarding mentioned spag code - (cforde) - (1)
                         thats what I was after, thanx -NT - (boxley)

Ubersoft - Standing On The Necks Of Giants
54 ms