IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New So true
For quite a few weeks now, I have regarded Ross's posts as worth quite a bit less than most any other users' posts (excepting in one or two specific fora). If I see a long conversation with him taking an active part, and many titles suggesting some vitriol, I will probably ignore it. I've even gone off at him for being such a pest. Some people you just have to give up on.

I agree there, there are times when you can no longer make any good impact on someone, and you have to step back and give up, and let nature take it's course. I know this more intensely because I've already recently done it with someone who is here, but is learning to change their behavior.

But it is really hard for me to write any person off as a lost cause, ya know?

Nightowl >8#

"A determined soul will do more with a rusty monkey wrench than a loafer will accomplish with all the tools in a machine shop." -- Robert Hughes, Australian Art Critic, Writer
New You don't have to write someone off as a lost cause ...
... to decide that they're no longer your cause.
===

Implicitly condoning stupidity since 2001.
New You're so right
And I think that's really what I did with the other person, I decided he was not MY responsibility anymore, and man, was that a relief. :)

Nightowl >8#

"A determined soul will do more with a rusty monkey wrench than a loafer will accomplish with all the tools in a machine shop." -- Robert Hughes, Australian Art Critic, Writer
New +5; Insightful
jb4
shrub\ufffdbish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

You know... - (Nightowl) - (20)
         Ross is correct - (pwhysall) - (19)
             No, he isn't. - (Nightowl) - (18)
                 deSitter just has a crush on you, that's all. ;-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                 "On the Internet, no-one knows you're a dog" - (static) - (16)
                     So? - (Ashton) - (11)
                         Agreed - (broomberg) - (9)
                             Well sometimes - (Nightowl) - (1)
                                 Not worth it - (broomberg)
                             What about me? - (orion) - (6)
                                 You're not worth the read... - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                     I will then see what I can do to fix that - (orion)
                                 Norman.... - (Nightowl) - (3)
                                     I know - (orion) - (2)
                                         Yep - (Nightowl)
                                         Just thought of something Orion, - (Nightowl)
                         Barry almost nails it. - (static)
                     So true - (Nightowl) - (3)
                         You don't have to write someone off as a lost cause ... - (drewk) - (2)
                             You're so right - (Nightowl)
                             +5; Insightful -NT - (jb4)

Cue the Twilight Zone Music, will ya?
59 ms