IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New You know...
I've been doing my best to ignore your bullshit, but this time I gotta say something. Go fuck with someone else!

I haven't bothered you ANY in some time. I don't ask you to reply, and I don't post to you unless it's a good conversation, like the nice one we had about the Civil War.

So when I'm finally genuinely upset about something, you have to go and act like a total shit... well you know what? I was a fool to expect anything different from someone like you.

And here I thought you'd actually learned some compassion and consideration when it's needed.

(shakes head sadly) I know why you're alone Ross, you alienate everyone who tries to give a damn.

Nightowl >8#

"A determined soul will do more with a rusty monkey wrench than a loafer will accomplish with all the tools in a machine shop." -- Robert Hughes, Australian Art Critic, Writer
New Ross is correct
If your husband has a condition, see a doctor. Here is not the place for it.

No disrespect, but I really don't care if your husband (who apparently is too good to get an account here) has a rash.

Peter
[link|http://www.debian.org|Shill For Hire]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Blog]
New No, he isn't.
You all talk about all your ailments on here, and your family's ailments on here, all the time, and all your family members do not have accounts here.

I did nothing different, and was genuinely upset.

And FYI my comment in here to Ross goes FAR beyond his stupid post last night. He's been haunting me in the forums lately, making stupid ass remarks everywhere I go about what I say, and bottom line, I'm fucking sick and tired of it. So I finally said something.

Have a nice day, Peter.

Brenda

"A determined soul will do more with a rusty monkey wrench than a loafer will accomplish with all the tools in a machine shop." -- Robert Hughes, Australian Art Critic, Writer
New deSitter just has a crush on you, that's all. ;-)
New "On the Internet, no-one knows you're a dog"
For quite a few weeks now, I have regarded Ross's posts as worth quite a bit less than most any other users' posts (excepting in one or two specific fora). If I see a long conversation with him taking an active part, and many titles suggesting some vitriol, I will probably ignore it. I've even gone off at him for being such a pest. Some people you just have to give up on.

Wade.

Is it enough to love
Is it enough to breathe
Somebody rip my heart out
And leave me here to bleed

Is it enough to die
Somebody save my life
I'd rather be Anything but Ordinary
Please

-- "Anything but Ordinary" by Avril Lavigne.

New So?
I doubt any two of us have the same regard for posters and particular posts - from day to day. Your tastes are yours.

Ross is testy, aberrant and occasionally insulting. For a certain insightfulness (especially re typical Murican foibles) and occasional sheer brilliance, I'll put up with aberrations. I choose spicy over bland. But you don't have to.

Owlet can take care of herself, and properly nails Ross on the "how many others post here about Their relatives' ailments?" cha cha cha
Besides, she's an.. at least Interesting mix of smart, helpless and occasionally - surprising. At least she's not homogenized. (See? for me that's Hopeful, when someone who might not have ... resists the blender!)

(And when GawdHatesHomosexuals type stuff rears its ugly head - no doubt I land on your list, too ;-)

There's just not much going for the homo-saps in these declining years towards --> full homogenization into good Corporate drones; y'know? ..always a fussin and tellin other ones What's Righteous. Or.. What to Buy. And such.

Honorary Species nonApologist
New Agreed
It seems the only "person" here not worth a read is Marlowe.
New Well sometimes
even Marlowe can be fascinating... and did you see the way I got him to agree with me that he was wrong about the Russians storming the building? And that expressions of sadness were at least helpful to the victim's families?

There may be hope for Marlowe yet. ;)

Nightowl >8#

New Not worth it
I killfile Marlowe threads.
Even if occasionally acts human, so what?

I saw an LRPD a while ago (I think) and I figure it is a good one to live by:

Some people are not worth correcting.
New What about me?
I thought I was not worth the read. But then, maybe I do have a few fans or friends out there who like to read my posts?

"When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in confederacy against him." - Jonathan Swift

[link|http://www.xormad.com:4096/district268|I am from District 268].
New You're not worth the read...
but sometimes you're worth the flame.

Ben
About the use of language: it is impossible to sharpen a pencil with a blunt axe. It is equally vain to try to do it with ten blunt axes instead. -- Edsger W. Dijkstra
New I will then see what I can do to fix that
if my recent posts are any indication that I am not getting flamed recently.

"When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in confederacy against him." - Jonathan Swift

New Norman....
Remember the IWT 12 Step Progam. ;)

Nightowl >8#

"It's not where a person stands in time of comfort and security, but rather where they stand in times of strife and controversy that determine true friends."
(Quote sent to me by a true friend, author unknown).
New I know
the first step is not to talk about the IWT 12 step program, remember? :)

New Yep
And remember, the 2nd step... post carefully. ;)

Nightowl >8#

"It's not where a person stands in time of comfort and security, but rather where they stand in times of strife and controversy that determine true friends."
New Just thought of something Orion,
the first step is not to talk about the IWT 12 step program, remember? :)

That's actually incorrect. Cite: "The first step is for PEOPLE IN THE PROGRAM not to talk about the program."

I'm not IN the program, you are. ;)

Brenda

New Barry almost nails it.
"Some people are not worth correcting." But it is an individual decision. Sometimes I can't read you, Ashton -- but you already know that. We have individual reactions to different people and it took me a long time to accept that, to me, some people spew uselessly a lot more often than the average. That's all I was saying.

But I won't killfile anyone: occasionally there are gems in the shit. I just retune my threshold on a per poster basis. ;-)

Wade.

Is it enough to love
Is it enough to breathe
Somebody rip my heart out
And leave me here to bleed

Is it enough to die
Somebody save my life
I'd rather be Anything but Ordinary
Please

-- "Anything but Ordinary" by Avril Lavigne.

New So true
For quite a few weeks now, I have regarded Ross's posts as worth quite a bit less than most any other users' posts (excepting in one or two specific fora). If I see a long conversation with him taking an active part, and many titles suggesting some vitriol, I will probably ignore it. I've even gone off at him for being such a pest. Some people you just have to give up on.

I agree there, there are times when you can no longer make any good impact on someone, and you have to step back and give up, and let nature take it's course. I know this more intensely because I've already recently done it with someone who is here, but is learning to change their behavior.

But it is really hard for me to write any person off as a lost cause, ya know?

Nightowl >8#

New You don't have to write someone off as a lost cause ...
... to decide that they're no longer your cause.
===

Implicitly condoning stupidity since 2001.
New You're so right
And I think that's really what I did with the other person, I decided he was not MY responsibility anymore, and man, was that a relief. :)

Nightowl >8#

New +5; Insightful
jb4
shrub\ufffdbish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

You know... - (Nightowl) - (20)
         Ross is correct - (pwhysall) - (19)
             No, he isn't. - (Nightowl) - (18)
                 deSitter just has a crush on you, that's all. ;-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                 "On the Internet, no-one knows you're a dog" - (static) - (16)
                     So? - (Ashton) - (11)
                         Agreed - (broomberg) - (9)
                             Well sometimes - (Nightowl) - (1)
                                 Not worth it - (broomberg)
                             What about me? - (orion) - (6)
                                 You're not worth the read... - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                     I will then see what I can do to fix that - (orion)
                                 Norman.... - (Nightowl) - (3)
                                     I know - (orion) - (2)
                                         Yep - (Nightowl)
                                         Just thought of something Orion, - (Nightowl)
                         Barry almost nails it. - (static)
                     So true - (Nightowl) - (3)
                         You don't have to write someone off as a lost cause ... - (drewk) - (2)
                             You're so right - (Nightowl)
                             +5; Insightful -NT - (jb4)

And if I'm just going for effect, I might as well wear a tie. And pants.
138 ms