But it will become harder.. to fight with a growing ego which Knows what it Wants.

Believe Kuala Lumpur is likely being simplistic, but savvy nonetheless - as computers are a time sponge, a massive excuse -- not to begin and stay with.. all that icky stuff we need to pick up and later call "becoming civilized" - these machines Are the Enemy via unceasing distraction-from, real life. IMhO.

Already the idea that "links are Proves" (thanks M. Merlin) has suffused throughout. The idea that "learning" is accumulating Facts er links, etc.. The idea that (most topics?) Can be resolved via a simple Boolean comparison..

These are just some of the pitfalls I see, should the next babysitter for working parents become: education by random net-surfing and (especially!) education by Advertainment - like TeeVee One already in the schools. Make a consumer out of a 4 year old? We Have.

Talk about 3-edged swords! Of course! there IS the good stuff. But young kids know only STUFF and 'good' is what everybody else is doing. Baa Baa Remember? the bell-bottoms, the tattoos..

Sure glad I don't have to map out a path through this minefield, re a 3-year old in 2001. 'Course it's OK to read him Wizard of Oz - but just substitute Billy n'Bally for the Wicked Witch of the West or East. Tit for tat - teach awareness of propaganda by using it, I say.

A.
Hey this kid will need Help. Better stick around or, as Zappa always said, S/He'll grow up to be just like his parents..