IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Intellij
I use IntelliJ - it makes Java bearable and is the king of the J-IDEs.

I have downloaded Eclipse at least a half dozen times and each time I've found it to be an incomprehensible collection of random controls. IOW, I just don't get where it is coming from and haven't found any decent documentation anywhere to help me understand its mindset. My conclusion - its crap designed by the same people who do UI for MS.

Have you checked out all of the plugins for IntelliJ? There may be one that adds nicer starteam integration.

Frankly, I'd question the utility of starteam if it required the loss of IntelliJ - I'd consider it to be a net loss.

That was lovely cheese.

--Wallace, The Wrong Trousers
New Agree about Intellij
It is the best Java IDE available. The only plugin available for Starteam is from Jetbrains and seems to have minimal functionality and only supports 5.x not 6.0. Unfortunately, the StarTeam decision is a corporate wide one and not changing. It looks like, worst comes to worst we will use Intellij with the JetBrains plugin or the Starteam client itself.
New Bloat comparison of Eclipse and VisualWorks
[link|http://www.amber.org/~petrilli/archive/2004/09/14/a_matter_of_size.html|A matter of size].
     Intellij vs Eclipse - (bluke) - (8)
         I'd have thought JBuilder is best for StarTeam integration? - (CRConrad) - (3)
             Maybe but JBuilder isn't in the running - (bluke) - (2)
                 Hey, I'm still trying to get the C++ IDE plugin to work... - (jb4)
                 Just as well - its crap - (tuberculosis)
         Never used IntelliJ... - (Yendor)
         Intellij - (tuberculosis) - (2)
             Agree about Intellij - (bluke)
             Bloat comparison of Eclipse and VisualWorks - (ChrisR)

So does a burning bus.
114 ms