IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Better yet, build him a bat house.
Although I do have a bat house, I've been trying another approach the last few years. I just put a bucket of water undeneath the outdoor porch light. The bright bulb is reflected in the water's surface. The bugs, thinking it's a real light, fly right into the water. Some mornings the entire surface is covered with drowned bugs.

Used to have a zapper years ago, but got rid of it.
New So, how do you go about building a bat house?
Suppose I could consult google, but that would probably give me too many choices. :-)

And where might a bat house be successful? (i.e. is it a hopeless endeaver in the midst of suburbia?)
New Bat houses are great in suburbia.
There are plans available as well.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Father-in-law has had one for years ... nothing has moved in
===

Implicitly condoning stupidity since 2001.
New Do mosquitoes drown too?
Because we're told not to leave standing water around, they'll breed in it. So I was wondering if the mosquitoes drown too? Course you can put one of those blocks of stuff in it that prevents breeding, too.

Nightowl >8#

"A determined soul will do more with a rusty monkey wrench than a loafer will accomplish with all the tools in a machine shop." -- Robert Hughes, Australian Art Critic, Writer
New put some vegetable oil in the water, they wont breed
These miserable swine, having nothing but illusions to live on, marshmallows for the soul in place of good meat, will now stoop to any disgusting level to prevent even those miserable morsels from vanishing into thin air. The country is being destroyed by these stupid, vicious right-wing fanatics, the spiritual brothers of the brownshirts and redstars, collectivists and authoritarians all, who would not know freedom if it bit them on the ass, who spend all their time trying to stamp, bludgeon, and eviscerate the very idea of the individual's right to his own private world. DRL
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Solution for mosquitoes in water
Get a spray bottle and put in one part liquid dish soap to four parts water. Spray onto the puddle. The soap breaks the surface tension and bugs that think they can float ... don't.

Works well for drowning out anthills and wasp nests, too. When killer bees starting showing up in Texas a local exterminator hit on the mix started using it with great success. Until someone at the state EPA told him to stop using an un-approved substance for pest control. So he had to go back to the toxic shit he had been using that didn't work as well anyway.
===

Implicitly condoning stupidity since 2001.
     Unusual sights - (deSitter) - (10)
         Bug zappers are complete insanity. - (Andrew Grygus) - (9)
             Think I will - (deSitter) - (8)
                 Better yet, build him a bat house. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (7)
                     Re: Better yet, build him a bat house. - (dmcarls) - (6)
                         So, how do you go about building a bat house? - (ChrisR) - (2)
                             Bat houses are great in suburbia. - (admin) - (1)
                                 Father-in-law has had one for years ... nothing has moved in -NT - (drewk)
                         Do mosquitoes drown too? - (Nightowl) - (2)
                             put some vegetable oil in the water, they wont breed -NT - (boxley)
                             Solution for mosquitoes in water - (drewk)

No LRPD for you, one year!
130 ms