IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New New medicine
My doctor gave me a new antidepressant yesterday. Remeron is the name of it. I feel sleepy, and it will take ten days to get the old one out of my system. I should see a change within two to three weeks. I hope so, because if I am not really really sick I am really really depressed.

If I can find an alternative to antidepressant drugs that works, I may consider it. No street drugs suggestions, my health insurance does not cover those and I'd rather kill myself than take street drugs anyway.
"I can see if I want anything done right around here, I'll have to do it myself!"Moe Howard
New My first question would be:
What's your diet?

Diet can have a massive impact. You might want to keep a journal, too, of what you eat and how you feel afterwards. People are different, and they affect differently.

Ben Kosse recommended[link|http://s1.amazon.com/exec/varzea/ts/exchange-glance/Y01Y0277697Y9173028/qid=995043731/sr=1-1/ref=aps_sr_z_2_1/103-5597965-9047058|

The Tao of Health, Sex and Longevity : A Modern Practical Guide to the Ancient Way] to me. I might recommend it to you. Its got some good advice in there, and some stuff that I *think* is hokum, but heck, sometimes you gotta try.

(One might need to note that Ben wasn't exactly following the book exactly, I don't know how closely he was... and that there were apparently some other issues).

That book is one that spends a LOT of time talking about the role that diet plays.

Next question would be how much sunlight are you getting per day? Especially unfiltered? Lack of the UV light from the sun is apparently a contributing factor to depression. Get out, sit in the shade (sans sunglasses, or blocking glasses) for 30 minutes to an hour each day, see if that helps.

But just hang in there. With as much chemistry as you've got in your bloodstream, its going to take a while to clear it all out.

One thing that the Tao book will recommend is a fast to let the body clean stuff out. For you, they recommend a 3 day, then another a few weeks later, etc. Get the book. I'm not quite on it, either, but I'm looking into some things that it says.

Are you still on dozens of medications?

Addison
New My diet and other stuff
First, yes I am still on a lot of doctor perscribed medication. Boxley has the whole list, he's researching the reactions for me. Thanks Bill.

Second I am on a diet of sorts, sort of a diabetic diet plus I have to avoid foods that upset my stomach and colon. Low sugar, low fat, high fiber, no onions, peppers, lettuce, brocolli, celery, tomatoes, beans (inculdes Coffee, Chocolate, and others), and others. No fresh fruit or vegtables because they can clog my colon, so I have to eat the canned stuff. I have to watch the sugars in food as well, glutose and other names for it. So far I have lost 25 pounds on this diet, but the new medicine I am on may cause weight gain. :(
I am also watching the carbs that I am eating and cutting back on them.

We might never know what was going on with Ben, but I will consider that book. I'll put it on my wish list. Geez a lot of people are reconmending books to me, wish I could afford to buy them all.
"I can see if I want anything done right around here, I'll have to do it myself!"Moe Howard
New ???
No fresh fruit or vegtables because they can clog my colon,

WHAT?

They *should* do exactly the opposite?

So... what in the hell *are* you eating, anyway? :)

I'm currently low-carbing it, but not worrying with fat. Maybe you should relax the low-fat and see how you feel. :)

OK, I'm not a doctor, but hell's bells, if I was restricted THAT much, I'd be depressed, too. :)

Addison
New side effects
are sleepy (which you have) and weight gain which you cannot afford
Lets eat right by Adele Davis is the one book you need. All of her diet tips have annotated studies done by respectable medical establishments like Duke University etc.
thanx,
bill
can I have my ones and zeros back?
     New medicine - (orion) - (4)
         My first question would be: - (addison) - (2)
             My diet and other stuff - (orion) - (1)
                 ??? - (addison)
         side effects - (boxley)

I don't know who thought this up, but it certainly wasn't a bird.
60 ms