IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Is programming more resession-sensitive than other caree
Wouldn't you agree that most SW companies derive their revenue from selling new versions? In that case, it's maintenance people who'll get tha axe. The new developement has to go on.
New Because The King of the Patato-People said so!
He said maintenance programmers out, new developers in. Move on to the latest MS-Platform and the latest language updates and take the old programers outside to be shot (or uninstalled). If the maintenance programmers (of which I am one) don't learn the latest technologys (be it OOP or ".NET" or Java 2 or whatever) then out they go. Out out out! Because the PHBs are controlled by the King of the Patato-People. What he says, goes.
"I can see if I want anything done right around here, I'll have to do it myself!"Moe Howard
New I really meant non-software companies
re: "Wouldn't you agree that most SW companies derive their revenue from selling new versions?"

Although it is true that I did not include software companies in my finger calcs.

I don't know what the percent of programmers are employed by software-only companies.
     Is programming more resession-sensitive than other careers? - (tablizer) - (9)
         It is, but it shouldn't be. - (admin)
         Re: Is programming more resession-sensitive than other caree - (Arkadiy) - (3)
             Because The King of the Patato-People said so! - (orion)
             I really meant non-software companies - (tablizer) - (1)
                 IT is a cost center - (Arkadiy)
         Any form of consulting - (JayMehaffey)
         Last couple years not good indicator - (wharris2) - (2)
             Perhaps you could be right - (orion) - (1)
                 ".NET" training - (orion)

I think I'll go for a walk.
117 ms