IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Should kids under 13 be allowed to use computers?
I can see it now. You must be a teenager in order to learn from a computer.

I think the point is really about how much human contact the kids get, not whether they should be prohibited from using valuable educational tools.

[link|http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20010713/tc/malaysia_computers_dc_1.html|
Stop Educating Kids with Computers -Malaysian Group]

KUALA LUMPUR (Reuters) - A Malaysian consumer pressure group called on Friday for computers to be kept away from young children, saying children would suffer if computers replaced human contact.
New Yes, but under limitations and being monitored
The limitations being that they need a program like Net Nanny or Cybersitter or whatever (Proxy Server) to prevent them from going to web sites that they shouldn't get into. Also policies need to be set on the system so that they cannot add or remove software or mess up the hardware configuration. I've seen so many teens and pre-teens futz with the systems to the point that they are unworkable.

In any case, monitor the child, if they are drawn into the computer too much, they need to take a break. I limit my son to 15 or 30 minutes of computer time a day, but that is because he is under 3 years old and needs to do other stuff. His system is currently broken, and as soon as I get the replacement parts to fix it, he will be back up. No Internet access for him, just the Pre-School and Toddler games on CD.
"I can see if I want anything done right around here, I'll have to do it myself!"Moe Howard
New Sounds like a good start..
But it will become harder.. to fight with a growing ego which Knows what it Wants.

Believe Kuala Lumpur is likely being simplistic, but savvy nonetheless - as computers are a time sponge, a massive excuse -- not to begin and stay with.. all that icky stuff we need to pick up and later call "becoming civilized" - these machines Are the Enemy via unceasing distraction-from, real life. IMhO.

Already the idea that "links are Proves" (thanks M. Merlin) has suffused throughout. The idea that "learning" is accumulating Facts er links, etc.. The idea that (most topics?) Can be resolved via a simple Boolean comparison..

These are just some of the pitfalls I see, should the next babysitter for working parents become: education by random net-surfing and (especially!) education by Advertainment - like TeeVee One already in the schools. Make a consumer out of a 4 year old? We Have.

Talk about 3-edged swords! Of course! there IS the good stuff. But young kids know only STUFF and 'good' is what everybody else is doing. Baa Baa Remember? the bell-bottoms, the tattoos..

Sure glad I don't have to map out a path through this minefield, re a 3-year old in 2001. 'Course it's OK to read him Wizard of Oz - but just substitute Billy n'Bally for the Wicked Witch of the West or East. Tit for tat - teach awareness of propaganda by using it, I say.

A.
Hey this kid will need Help. Better stick around or, as Zappa always said, S/He'll grow up to be just like his parents..
New Agree, but disagree
I *might* agree to use of NetNanny or similar if they published the sites they blocked. They don't. You don't know what the hell they are blocking or enabling. Screw them. Sorry. Great idea. I won't ever agree to use schemes implemented by collective corporate assholes. Someday, maybe.

OK, first line of defense. With any minor living with you (children, adoptees, neighbor's children), set the guidelines. In the case of those you are a guardian, and even visitors, this means no computer in the bedroom. The computer must be in a public place where, even if your teen is playing Quake or Everquest or whatever, it isn't a private playing.

I had some other stuff I was writing, but then I realized how amusing it was for me to deliver child care advice and decied to close it down. Feel free to deliver a virtual slap.

French Zombies are zapping me with lasers!
New No.
Children need to go outside and play. They need to develop their own imaginations, not be limited to the "virtual world" experiences concocted by a dev team.

They won't lose a damned thing by not using computers until they graduate from college. In fact, they'll probably develop better minds without them (recall that when the first class of graduating 12th graders in the US that had the [SIC] benefit of computers in grades K-12 took the SAT, their performance was so miserable that the test had to "stupified" and the kids had to be allowed to use calculators to perform elementary arithmetic).

IMO, our kids are fatter, dumber AND less social because of computers. It is past time we got them off their asses, away from video screens and out in the real world while the have the luxury of time on their hands. They'll be plenty enough time for them to waste their lives in front of machines like I do when they get older.

bcnu,
Mikem

AR - Actual Reality, Try it, You'll like it.
New Amen.
And especially include - ALL FORMS of 'computer games' (naturally this fits within the category as you put it, but..) I have Evidence ;-)

Remember Radio? Those old adventure, mystery stories were Good for kids of all ages: *YOU* HAD TO fill in the sound effects with YOUR imagination. "War of the Worlds"! (that 'unscrewing sound' supposedly of a Large Metal 'hatch' on the alien vehicle: it was.. a 'Mason jar' lid being unscrewed in a toilet bowl, close-miked !!!)

Etc.

Video, computer 'games' supply ALL the pseudo-environment. A steady diet MAY wither nascent imaginative abilities as surely as (cf. Jacob Bronowski, The Ascent of Man) "not hearing / learning" Language! at the correct, early formative period: dooms one to virtual muteness forever.

Etc.

Any of us here could think of many more - despite the attractions we also demonstrate. But *NOT* as a young child !!! That time is IRREPLACEABLE.

A.
Expand Edited by Missing User 70 July 13, 2001, 03:05:02 PM EDT
New Yes.
My son learns his math on a computer, in fact -- the Stanford Math Program.

Young kids need adult supervision and interaction with computers. Like anything (including outside play), moderation is key. Nothing is a substitute for anything else, but there are some things computers allow kids to do that they can't do elsewhere (anyone ever play Incredible Machine?).

A computer is a tool. It can be misused like anything else. It's up to the parents to make sure.

And I would suspect that too much television would have a much greater impact than too much computers.

Now, some caveats: my son is home schooled, and he's not allowed to play computer games. So keep that in mind when addressing the above comments. :-)
Regards,

-scott anderson
New Fortunately.. always there will be the Exception(al).
New 100% agree
Odd inn t it? :)
when I was a tad I only came inside to eat and tgo sleep only when snow fell. I allow my kids access for downloading game codes and if they are on the net I am constantly checking what sight they are on visually. My sister in law got them email setups and I cluelessly let them expire for one reason or another. Kids need fresh air, lots, interaction with adults and kids outside the family unit (safely of course). Nature is best explored young, that gives one a life long sense of wonder. My fire ant crusade is taking a new phase, I will dig up a colony, figure out with my kids what the attack plan is and makem write it up. maybe we wil all learn something. Kids are scared of spiders, spider webs catch mosquito's leave the spiders alone etc.
thanx,
bill
can I have my ones and zeros back?
New Should kids under 13 be allowed to read books?
No.

Children need to go outside and play. They need to develop their own imaginations, not be limited to the "virtual world" experiences concocted by an author.

They won't lose a damned thing by not using books until they graduate from college. In fact, they'll probably develop better minds without them (recall that when the first class of graduating 12th graders in the US that had the [SIC] benefit of books in grades K-12 took the SAT, their performance was so miserable that the test had to "stupified" and the kids had to be allowed to use Cliff notes to write elementary essays).

IMO, our kids are fatter, dumber AND less social because of books. It is past time we got them off their asses, away from white pages and out in the real world while the have the luxury of time on their hands. They'll be plenty enough time for them to waste their lives in front of bound volumes like I do when they get older.

bcnu,
T.S.

AR - Actual Reality, Try it, You'll like it.
That's her, officer! That's the woman that programmed me for evil!
New Several old authors agree
There are bits in Plato that are amazingly familiar. Kids these days don't respect their elders, that new technology is ruining their minds, the whole bit. And the new technology in question is literacy.

Oh sure, we can laugh at them, but how many book-addicted note-heads do you know who can recite the Illiad from memory? Use that written word as a crutch and your brain turns to mush so bad all you can memorize without a major effort is limerics.

The irony, of course, is that the complaints were written down...
White guys in suits know best
- Pat McCurdy
New You mean?
There was a young lad from rehab
Who read everything in the lab
His retention was nil
And he talked like a pill
But he had a large volume of blab

er.. ya mean that's a Symptom? of the too-early exposure to Great Books of the Western World?

Could. Be.

There was a young drop-out named Billy
Who never could find him a filly
He invented The Shill
And became very shrill
So he's richer but still very silly

Yup. Guilty as charged..

:-\ufffd
New Only if you read them
I don't think having them read to you does the same thing.

But if you read to your kids, they want to do it themselves, which leads to the loss of advanced memory function. Yeah, I failed: instead of memorizing the Oddesey when I read it to them, my kids got the idea it would be cool to know how to read it themselves.

By the way - epic poetry doesn't work very well as bedtime reading. Didn't work when my mom tried it on me, didn't work when I tried it on my kids.

Maybe we need new translations. Alas that we have lost Dr. Seuss (one of the greatest poets of the 20th century, and I say that without a hint of irony of any kind)

Achillies, would you, could you march on Troy? Because of the side you are on?
I will not, will not march on troy, because you are a jerk, Agamemnon.

Would you could you, as an Achaean?
Agamemnon, dream on.

Would you, could you, cuz they offed your pal?
THOSE BASTARDS! I will kill them all!

Clearly, I am not Dr. Seuss. But I think that might work better than some versions I've read.
- Pat McCurdy
New Post of the Day! Congratulations!!! :-)
New Incidently, another had similar thoughts.
A comparison between the Odyssey and Seuss's "You're only old once"

[link|http://www.muohio.edu/~delucej/senectus/essays/hubacher.html|Homer Meets Dr. Seuss]

Another master of poetry with a Seuss-esq spin was Shel Silverstein. [link|http://www.geocities.com/selyfriday/Silverstein/bookgiv.html|The Giving Tree] is amazing, IMHO. (Beware it's a Geocities link so there'll be a popup...)

Cheers,
Scott.
New Silverstein!
My now-pregnant daughter found out about Santa because I failed to adequately hide my copy of Unka Shelby's ABZs. A real genius. Also wrote most of the lyrics for Dr. Hook and the Medicine Show. (Only 16, Penecillin Penny, I Got Stoned and I Missed It...)

Now there's a poet: deep and moving when he wants to be, but mostly crass and earthy and rude and very, very funny. And always manages to arrange it so that the exactly right word happens to sound perfect.

Somehow, I think I am better able to face life because of having read and heard his poetry.
- Pat McCurdy
New Bravo!
I've always suspected that the siege of Troy was closer to a village fistfight with bloodshed than to an event of epic proportions!
New when you consider the attitudes of the correspondents
who practiced the phalanx by ripping out trees and calling it fucking, they took their warfare serious. Either that or 2 guys were in the trojan horse and 5 guys waited outside. Hey maybe your right! Condom brand trojan is much smaller than magnum!
thanx,
bill
can I have my ones and zeros back?
New Agreement, but question
Arkadiy: I've always suspected that the siege of Troy was closer to a village fistfight with bloodshed than to an event of epic proportions!
Yeah, sure... But: What is "epic proportions", then, if not just lots of bloodshed?
   Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Knows Fucking Everything
New Definition of epic proportions:
Such that someone is willing to compose an epic.

An unsung hero is one who failed to properly inspire the poets - poets find heroic deeds and generosity to poets far more inspirational than heroic deeds alone.

Like the current situation where a small event with good video is more newsworthy than a large one without, I suspect the Trojan War was an epic event in large part because of the quality of the poets who sang of it. It did involve the destruction of a significant enough city that evidence could be found thousands of years later, so we aren't talking about a completely media-generated event.

- Pat McCurdy
New Certainly not lots of bloodshed
Most of the major (oh, let's say the top five) battles of WW 1 were bloodier than almost every previous conflict in the world combined, with the possible exception that the American Civil War might skew the "every previous conflict" a bit.

What was it, a million or two at Verdun? Come to think of it, I don't think I've seen *any* epic movies or stories about that war.
New sgt york? Rather tame by what actually happened.
I would love to see a realistic remake of that story. A typical hill boy who cut his teeth on guns but was peaceable by nature.
thanx,
bill
Our bureaucracy and our laws have turned the world into a clean, safe work camp. We are raising a nation of slaves.
Chuck Palahniuk
New Wouldn't be beleivable.
That story could only happen in real life.

For those unfamiliar, York was a young man seriously dedicated to peace. IIRC, he was drafted.

Anyway, he found himself alone and facing a German installation that was about to do some things that were not peacable. (Was it executing the rest of his unit? I really should look this up again.) So Sgt. York captured them. All by himself. The story goes that he later explained that he surrounded them...

Saved many Allied lives. And did so while respecting, as much as possible under the circumstances, the lives of the enemy. From what I have heard, he remained a very gentle and peacefull man.

A hero in every sense of the term*.

It is a shame that his story is not more commonly known.

-----------------------------------

* Including the nearly ancient Greek one. But not the really ancient Greek term. That term meant a vampire-type undead person, and later the usage changed to refer specificaly to one who lives past death by epic poetry of his deeds.
- Pat McCurdy
New Here's the story
His unit was pinned down by a machine gun nest, and they were trying to outflank it and come at it from the rear. The rest of the flanking unit captured a number of Germans and between guarding them and trying to keep from being shot by the machine guns were trying to figure out what to do. York went on ahead to the machine gun emplacement and started picking them off one by one (as he put it, they had to stick their heads up to see him and he'd touch them off when they did) until a few rushed him. Eventually the German unit became so demoralized that the major surrendered his unit . As York was marching his 100 prisoners back to the American lines, they picked up a few others.

From his account ([link|http://www.alvincyork.org/Diary.htm|http://www.alvincyork.org/Diary.htm]),

There were considerably over 100 prisoners now. It was a problem to get them back safely to our own lines. There were so many of them, there was danger of our own artillery mistaking us for a German counterattack and opening upon us. I sure was relieved when we ran into the relief squads that had been sent forward through the brush to help us.

OCTOBER 8th 1918 (continued)

So when I got back to my major's p.c. I had 132 prisoners.
We marched those German prisoners on back into the American lines to the battalion p.c. (post of command), and there we came to the Intelligence Department. Lieutenant Woods came out and counted 132 prisoners. And when he counted them he said, "York, have you captured the whole German army?" And I told him I had a tolerable few.
New No idea he had kept a diary - thanks.
While the Hollywood version did present some improbables - like the Major? being much concerned with York's philosophical misgivings - it seems that Gary Cooper gave us a reasonable facsimile of York. (The artifice of giving turkey calls! as he picked off the Germans in a trench, one by one - seems utterly York-like, as I read his own words.. Hell, even if it isn't true (?) I'd prefer to believe it.)

At least I cannot imagine a sequel which might add anything to his performance - there are no young Gary Coopers. Would that H'wood would learn that you just can't remake most other classic performances (say, Sabrina.. or any of the noir flics).

Cheers,

A.
New "Tunes of Glory", "All Quiet on the Western Front"
Alex

This is my sig. There's another almost like it, but this one is mine.
New Homer translations
Last year I came across the relatively new translations of the Iliad and Odyssey by Robert Fagles. The language is so musical and metrical that it makes you want to read aloud, yet the meaning flows easily and compellingly also.
Recommended!

A short PBS interview with Fagles from 1997 [link|http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/entertainment/jan-june97/odyssey_3-3.html|here].

Giovanni
Pedestrian, n. The variable (and audible) part of the roadway for an automobile. -- Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary
New Thanks
That kind of information is greatly appreciated!
- Pat McCurdy
New You're welcome -- enjoy! --!msg
New Clarification:
There is a cost to literacy. I think it is worth it.
- Pat McCurdy
New As opposed to what?
I chase my kids outside often.

And they do way too much computer stuff. For a while, the mindless games were getting to be too much. Including the supposedly educational ones. I got a home design program, and they spent weeks messing with that, creating the most bizarre houses the thing could handle. The last few days, they have been going nuts on The Sims. Which they are playing cooperatively, one at the keyboard and the rest watching and offering suggestions. At this point in the summer, the main activity is arguing, so this is a big improvement.

But when they can't get on the computer, and have the choice, they don't usualy go out and play, they watch TV.

The computer is not a bad thing. The not going out to play and not socializing is. And I suspect that in most households, the computer isn't cutting into going outside to play time, it's cutting into TV time. I don't have a problem with that.

I really don't think I have to chase them outside any more with the computer and the TV than I would with just the TV.

The one kid I do have a computer time problem with uses it almost exclusively for chat. He's an intensely social kid, can't stand being away from his friends.

- Pat McCurdy
New Well.. OK if ya want to be reasonable
Yes, if it's TV OR computer - point taken. And even the socializing bit.. works - and may even facilitate (this particular kid's ?) route around innate er teenaged speechlessness?

OK stand corrected:

Computers are BAD (in certain kid/household situations)

Computers are GOOD (in certain kid/household situations)

Now.. how Do ya get the little buggers OUTside?
..and at 11pm for the Milky Way, even though there's school and -

My brain hurts.

A.
New Heh...
Grampa Mike: The one kid I do have a computer time problem with uses it almost exclusively for chat. He's an intensely social kid, can't stand being away from his friends.
That couldn't be genetic, now could it? You old blabbermouth, you... :-)
   Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Knows He Is Just As Fucking Bad, If Not Worse
New Sure
I suspect that most kids, like myself, will trade TV time for the computer. In fact, I watched so little TV for a while that when the ads for the movie Galaxy Quest came out, my initial reaction was "Wow, neat show! How did I miss that series?"

Computers can also be used to facilitate social interaction - just like here at IWETHEY. They also break down barriers between who you interact with - I know my mom was often surprised when one of my BBS friends would drop by and they'd be significantly older than her.

Darrell Spice, Jr.

[link|http://home.houston.rr.com/spiceware/|SpiceWare] - We don't do Windows, it's too much of a chore

New Kids links such as Linkasaurus
I agree with your assessment. The word that keeps coming to mind is moderation.
Use the net, don't abuse the net (as with many things in life).
[link|http://www.montrealgazette.com/technology/pages/010714/5010798.html|
Now, children, surf nicely]

Yeah, right. Some kids' sites make parents wince, but others are healthy and hip. Here's where to go if summer surfing doesn't involve the ocean

RENE A. GUZMAN
San Antonio Express-News
New How I'll handle my kids.
First off, they will definitely have time-limited accounts. They can use the computers, but only for a certain amount of time per day. Games will be time-limited as well, but with an "account" system - you can save up game time. This time can be suspended for finals/bad behavior/whatever.

As far as internet goes, I'll just log everything they browse - and let them know that I'm logging them. That way, they can go to playboy.com if they REALLY want to - but I'll know about it, and we'll probably be having a bit of a chat very shortly thereafter. Same with IRC/all chat traffic.

The key is to give them responsibility, and to let them know that there are consequences for not being responsible, BEFORE they try to test the rules.
New ..better encrypt, hide, mirror that log, then ;-)
and if deleted: .wav file runs volume control to MAX, sets off sirens and: the Voice of Doom, saying _____ followed by an ORANGE screen of death, gradually fading with sounds of human anguish...

('course presence of the file must be tested as a chron job, no? - hmmm a Steve Gibson windoze assy program mayhap?)

Finally:
No Workeee (til your .bat file is attended to, by you - and That .bat can't be in autoexec - which would be a dummy anyway: pointing to its real contents via some rilly oblique skips & dances wrapped in a decryption.exe which runs the misnamed file with no .bat extension at all. Hidden amidst the detritus in \\system as a .dll with a '1' ONE, for one o' the 'l's, natch.)

('Course if boot floppy employed - well, you know)

:-\ufffd

cackle.. cackle..
New Simple: Router in a locked cabinet along with...
whatever device is used to convert from xDSL/cable/whatever to 100baseT ethernet.

Router is running Linux, has a huge HD, has a password only known to my wife and myself.

All logging goes to this machine.

If the kids can hack that, then they DESERVE access to whatever they want. ^_^
New Sounds like the Cyber-Cafe method
That is how the Cyber-Cafe software works. It creates an account for each user, limited to time that they paid (set up each account to have 30 minutes of Internet time per day for example) and logs all of their activities on the Internet. Hmmm, not sure if it can track what programs they run, sounds a lot like "Big Brother" to me.

Another way, if without that software, to only allow them to use the computer under adult supervision. As in you sit next to them and watch, otherwise no use of the computer. Keep it under lock and key and never give them the system password. Get a case key that locks the keyboard or won't boot without the key turned to unlock.
"I can see if I want anything done right around here, I'll have to do it myself!"Moe Howard
New OhRyan: er.. they *need* a Big Brother.________Remember?
New Who "they" *needs* a BB - each'n'every guest at Cybercafe's?
New Original topic was
the cheeldrun.

Norm threw in a non-sequitur re Big Brother and the Cyber Cafe. Implying: Big Brother wherever detected = Bad.

I replied: Big Brother = OK. For kids. Only bad for Big people. WTF *shouldn't* parents track little Malphasia's trips to the Biker Gang signup site, for the peeing-distance competition? Now if the foo shits re certain non-Big Cyber attendees:

They can listen to BB too. (May all kids find at least One adult somewhere for hints&tips, even if the parents don't qualify. * Otherwise they'll turn out just like their parents)

* \ufffdFrank Zappa. RIP.
New Ah, OK.
Looked like you were still talking about the same thing he was. (To me, at least, that is.) Not quite a non-sequitur, BTW, IMO: Ha was telling about how "this is the same way they do it in cyber cafe's...", IIRC. A side note, not a non-following argument.
   Christian R. Conrad
New Whether siderial or interruptus - BB was dissed
Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes
The Man Who Can Crib Latin Quotes to Confound The Man Who Knows Fucking Everything.
New By Norm? Not "dissed" - just *mentioned*, AFAICS. Now, if...
...you mean any mention of "Big Brother" is by default (and implication and association) "dissing" the concept, then you might of course be right. (At least *I* would tend to agree with you...) But, as [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=2908|Norm said:]
That is how the Cyber-Cafe software works. [ . . . ] Hmmm, not sure if it can track what programs they run, sounds a lot like "Big Brother" to me.
That only was in the context of "Cyber-Cafe", as I understood him. The following paragraph, where he suggested the "manual Big Brother" method -- in the context of kids -- was... Just that, a separate paragraph.

(Oh well... He'll drop in shortly, I suspect, and then we ca ask him in person.)
   Christian R. Conrad
New It sounds like "Big Brother"
I didn't exactly say that it was "Big Brother" rather that it sounded like a "Big Brother" type of program that watches what you do. One that can track what programs are run, what websites are visited, and what the user was doing at what time. Information like that can be used to help or hurt you, it depends on how it is used. In this case, it is used to see what the children are doing and if they did anything they shouldn't have been doing. Sort of like a parent watching them and taking notes. But an acutal parent may stop them from visiting an adult site, or playing "Quake III" if they are not allowed to.

I had been away due to a vacation last week, and I just have been catching up on the messages. This one was buried a few pages back. Sorry for the delay.

"I can see if I want anything done right around here, I'll have to do it myself!"  Moe Howard

Should kids under 13 be allowed to use computers? - (brettj) - (45)
         Yes, but under limitations and being monitored - (orion) - (2)
             Sounds like a good start.. - (Ashton)
             Agree, but disagree - (wharris2)
         No. - (mmoffitt) - (25)
             Amen. - (Ashton)
             Yes. - (admin) - (1)
                 Fortunately.. always there will be the Exception(al). -NT - (Ashton)
             100% agree - (boxley)
             Should kids under 13 be allowed to read books? - (tseliot) - (20)
                 Several old authors agree - (mhuber) - (19)
                     You mean? - (Ashton) - (17)
                         Only if you read them - (mhuber) - (16)
                             Post of the Day! Congratulations!!! :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                             Incidently, another had similar thoughts. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                 Silverstein! - (mhuber)
                             Bravo! - (Arkadiy) - (9)
                                 when you consider the attitudes of the correspondents - (boxley)
                                 Agreement, but question - (CRConrad) - (7)
                                     Definition of epic proportions: - (mhuber)
                                     Certainly not lots of bloodshed - (wharris2) - (5)
                                         sgt york? Rather tame by what actually happened. - (boxley) - (3)
                                             Wouldn't be beleivable. - (mhuber) - (2)
                                                 Here's the story - (wharris2) - (1)
                                                     No idea he had kept a diary - thanks. - (Ashton)
                                         "Tunes of Glory", "All Quiet on the Western Front" -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                             Homer translations - (GBert) - (2)
                                 Thanks - (mhuber) - (1)
                                     You're welcome -- enjoy! --!msg -NT - (GBert)
                     Clarification: - (mhuber)
         As opposed to what? - (mhuber) - (2)
             Well.. OK if ya want to be reasonable - (Ashton)
             Heh... - (CRConrad)
         Sure - (SpiceWare) - (1)
             Kids links such as Linkasaurus - (brettj)
         How I'll handle my kids. - (inthane-chan) - (10)
             ..better encrypt, hide, mirror that log, then ;-) - (Ashton) - (1)
                 Simple: Router in a locked cabinet along with... - (inthane-chan)
             Sounds like the Cyber-Cafe method - (orion) - (7)
                 OhRyan: er.. they *need* a Big Brother.________Remember? -NT - (Ashton) - (6)
                     Who "they" *needs* a BB - each'n'every guest at Cybercafe's? -NT - (CRConrad) - (5)
                         Original topic was - (Ashton) - (4)
                             Ah, OK. - (CRConrad) - (3)
                                 Whether siderial or interruptus - BB was dissed - (Ashton) - (2)
                                     By Norm? Not "dissed" - just *mentioned*, AFAICS. Now, if... - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                         It sounds like "Big Brother" - (orion)

Mmmmmm... whale beer!
302 ms