IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Dog hair and power supply units don't mix
Hidden in the family room of my house as been a computer called musicbox. He houses the central music archive and is attached to a decent sound system.

His home rests in a corner. A corner a certain fuzzy mutt of mine likes to relax in front off. So after being turned off do to a thunderstorm, my wife turns him back on. A few seconds later: *POP*. And musicbox is no longer running. After finally getting time to pull him apart, I figure the power supply is the most likely cause of trouble. So I pull it out. *RATTLE*. Rattling is not a good sign.

I take the power supply apart and out falls the top of a very dead electrolytic capacitor. Since I'm as curious as the next computer geek, I try and find where this thing was supposed to go. The problem was, I couldn't find its home for the longest time because the spot was buried under dog hair! Somehow the one spot around a pair of capacitors and a transitor had been collecting all the dog hair. And the one capacitor had finally had enough of the abuse.

Oh well. I've got an extra power supply so no big loss. Now I just need to find musicbox a home that's not a dog hair magnet.

Dave "LordBeatnik"
New Which is why some electronics equipment has an air filter...
on the intake fan. That includes an [link|http://www.bixnet.com/2rainpc.html|"industrial PC"] with
# One 12x12cm two ball bearing fans with removable air filter to have better ventilation and easy replacing.
But, I know what you mean about the dog hair. My Peke has long wispy hair.
Alex

"If I seem unduly clear to you, you must have misunderstood what I said." -- Alan Greenspan, Federal Reserve chairman
New go to lowes or local equivelent of hardware store
get a square of wasdhable cut to fit filter, duct tape around openings, remove and wash as needed. Dam I wish
1. I owned my current shack
2. was a little closer to get honey.
will be attempting to get one by the end of the year so "shrug"

thanx,
bill
"delayed incessantly by people whose prevalent qualification was an excess of free-time" Philip Atkinson
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
     Dog hair and power supply units don't mix - (lordbeatnik) - (2)
         Which is why some electronics equipment has an air filter... - (a6l6e6x)
         go to lowes or local equivelent of hardware store - (boxley)

Phrasers on STUN er SHUN!
124 ms