IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New What is this networking program
Hiya,
I was given some network software by a friend and have no idea what it is,what it is worth or how old it is but I
have two sets of it any way. Is there anyone out there who can help me out. The programs are called: LANtastic 6.0 Network Software with Artisoft Exchange Groupware.....UPGRADE.....Single user that is what it says on the front of the box and it is made by Artisoft. I hope that is enough infomation.
Regards Grant
New sure it is peer to peer networking
and is just fine for small networks. Read the licensing agreements and see if you comply.
thanx,
bill
can I have my ones and zeros back?
New You need real licenses
Lantastic upgrade packages do not include a license number, that must be loaded from the first floppy of a full license set.

Lantastic 6.0 did fine connecting DOS and Windows 3.1 workstations. 7.0 works pretty well to mix Windows and DOS stations on the same network, and an OS/2 version was available but didn't always work right.

Microsoft's Windows for Workgroups 3.11 was aimed directly at Lantastic, but was so bad it had little impact. With Windows95 they destroyed Lantastic by forcing it to make it's calls through Windows networking hooks, making it little better than Windows Networking (except for security and DOS/Win3.1 integration) and making it less stable.

Lantastic (now version 8.0) is now owned and distributed (along with all other Artisoft products except their PC/PBX) by Sparticom. Lantastic is still used, but now primarily in POS (Point of Sale) systems.

[link|www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Re: What is this networking program
You can more info on Lantastic stuff here:

[link|http://www.spartacom.com/products/lantastic.htm|http://www.spartaco...antastic.htm]

I wouldn't recommend it, unless you're wanting to some DOS networking stuff.
-----
Steve
     What is this networking program - (GRANT BYB) - (3)
         sure it is peer to peer networking - (boxley)
         You need real licenses - (Andrew Grygus)
         Re: What is this networking program - (Steve Lowe)

[E.T. finally dies... general clapping and hurrahs]
69 ms