IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New And you're missing the point
Working in a closet your interruption rate would be cut down. It is far from an ideal environment, but it is better than being interrupted all of the time in a noisy cubicle environment.

Working in a "status office" has its own productivity drawbacks. For instance any decent developer would prefer to have a desk with lots of space rather than the fancy wood desk. Or another whiteboard instead of the status picture hanging on the wall.

Cheers,
Ben
To deny the indirect purchaser, who in this case is the ultimate purchaser, the right to seek relief from unlawful conduct, would essentially remove the word consumer from the Consumer Protection Act
- [link|http://www.techworld.com/opsys/news/index.cfm?NewsID=1246&Page=1&pagePos=20|Nebraska Supreme Court]
New Re: And you're missing the point
Hmm, I've worked in lots of cubicles and as a contractor, considered myself fortunate to have one. I've sometimes worked from a folding church table.

Right now I'd work from the throne in a crowded bathroom.

-drl
     I love this guy - (broomberg) - (43)
         He is very observant. - (static)
         I love this line - (drewk) - (27)
             Re: I love this line - (deSitter) - (26)
                 Well of course - (drewk) - (25)
                     roomy scores again - (deSitter) - (24)
                         Read Peopleware - (ben_tilly) - (14)
                             Re: Read Peopleware - (deSitter) - (2)
                                 And you're missing the point - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                     Re: And you're missing the point - (deSitter)
                             I wonder if that is universally true. - (static) - (10)
                                 It depends on the people - (ben_tilly) - (7)
                                     Music works for me. - (static) - (6)
                                         Peopleware lists an interesting experiment on that - (ben_tilly) - (5)
                                             Re: Peopleware lists an interesting experiment on that - (deSitter)
                                             I buy that - (tuberculosis) - (3)
                                                 night - (deSitter)
                                                 *That's* what's missing from my office--a hot tub! -NT - (FuManChu) - (1)
                                                     My last SF job was next to health club - (tuberculosis)
                                 Keep in mind also - (JayMehaffey) - (1)
                                     Ah yes, the infamous Hawthorne effect -NT - (ben_tilly)
                         Where to begin - (tuberculosis) - (8)
                             You reminded me of one thing that was not mentioned. - (a6l6e6x) - (7)
                                 How long have you been in the industry? - (FuManChu) - (6)
                                     A decade longer than you've been alive. :) -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (5)
                                         "Stow it sonny" :) -NT - (deSitter)
                                         That's the generic "you" :) - (FuManChu) - (3)
                                             You're 32, if you haven't had a birthday since January. -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                                                 Off-by-one somewhere in your math. ;) 33 -NT - (FuManChu) - (1)
                                                     Duly noted! :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         You might enjoy an audio interview of his I heard today - (FuManChu) - (1)
             Downloaded - (broomberg)
         Excellent read! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Oh, that hurts. - (Arkadiy)
         Please learn before u do - (systems) - (6)
             Your talent is rambling, apparently (new thread) - (FuManChu)
             Re: Please learn before u do - (admin)
             Troll much? -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 Nah - (broomberg)
             And what would your background be? - (Arkadiy)
             Drivel. - (pwhysall)
         He bashes the hell out of OO too! - (tablizer) - (2)
             You can't please everybody - (tuberculosis)
             Re: He bashes the hell out of OO too! - (johnu)

(This message was left blank.)
69 ms